Can't generate new dataSet except for MySql databases

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
a233856

Can't generate new dataSet except for MySql databases

Post by a233856 » Fri 26 Dec 2008 22:40

I have been working with MySQL and the dotConnect for MySql. So far it has been working okay.

This week I started on another project that uses the Advantage database and so far so good except for one issue.

I want to generate a new dataset for the oDb adapter and database connection from .NET The problem is that in the toolbox under DevArt section I have MySqlDataSet for creating datasets for MySql databases - this works great also.

But, I don't have "Generate dataSet" under the System.Data tab in the toolbox.

Was the "Generate dataSet" replaced by the MySqlDataSet component?
Please advise.

a233856

Clarification

Post by a233856 » Fri 26 Dec 2008 22:47

I need to add that in the DataSet Manager tab in vs2008, a create new dataSet icon exists, however, when I click on it then the "Welcome to Devart DataSet Wizard" pops up in another window. So, I assume that I can only create dataSets specific to MySql from now on.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Sat 27 Dec 2008 12:56

But, I don't have "Generate dataSet" under the System.Data tab in the toolbox.
Devart.Data.MySql.MySqlDataSet doesn't replace System.Data.DataSet. If you don't have the DataSet component in the System.Data tab of your Toolbox, try to add it manually by right click in Toolbox | Choose Items.
I need to add that in the DataSet Manager tab in vs2008, a create new dataSet icon exists, however, when I click on it then the "Welcome to Devart DataSet Wizard" pops up in another window. So, I assume that I can only create dataSets specific to MySql from now on.
The DataSet Manager and DataSet Editor tools can be used only with Devart DataSet (Devart.Data.MySql.MySqlDataSet).