Licensing Problems

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
esanchez

Licensing Problems

Post by esanchez » Thu 25 Dec 2008 17:55

I've created a "New Website" in Visual Studio and added the license.licx file and the project builds fine but I can't view the licensing info. When I upload my web site to my hosting account I get errors. Is there a way to have the dll upload with my project? In other words to use another option ofther than to install to the GAC?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 26 Dec 2008 08:37

Please refer to our documentation: http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql/docs/ , the Deployment part and the Licensing part (the Licensing ASP.NET Applications section).
The licensing info is available from VS, Tools | MySQL | Licensing Information. Do you have this menu item?
You can also place Devart.Data.MySql.dll, Devart.Data.dll, and Devart.Data.MySql.Web.dll in the Bin folder of your web project, as an alternative way to registering them in GAC. Have you added App_Licenses.dll to the Bin directory of your site?

If this information doesn't help you, please specify the exact text of the error you are getting.

esanchez

Licensing Problems

Post by esanchez » Fri 26 Dec 2008 14:33

I added the three dlls you mentioned and generated the App_Licenses.dll but I still get an 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object' message when attempting to view the License Information in Tools->MySql. I looked at your example applications and everything looks about the same as mine. Is it possible to find a way to email you a zipped version of the project?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 26 Dec 2008 16:15

1. Please specify the version of dotConnect for MySQL you are using.
2. Do you have the same problem when you run our Web samples? (Start Menu | All Programs | Devart dotConnect for MySQL | Samples | Web. As an alternative, you can find our samples in the installation folder of our product).
3. Could you please send us the stack trace? To obtain the call stack, connect from one Visual Studio (Debug | Attach to Proccess) to the process of another Visual Studio. Before attaching don't forget to make these settings in VS that you are using to debug the another one: a) in the (Debug | Exceptions) window check Common Language Runtime Exceptions; b) in the (Tools | Options) window, Debugging | General - uncheck Enable Just My Code (Managed Only).
4. Please send me (alexsh*devart*com) your test project.