Installation Problems

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
KKirchhoff

Installation Problems

Post by KKirchhoff » Sun 23 Nov 2008 09:42

Hallo,
I have downloaded the latest version and installed it under Vister Ultimate 32 bit. When I start Visual Studio 2008 I do not find all components in the toolbar of MySQL Data.

And I do not know how can i start the Entity Developer. Thanks for your help

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 24 Nov 2008 08:16

dotConnect for MySQL components should be available from Toolbox MySQL Data inlay (for design time in WinForms and Web applications), and dotConnect for MySQL menu from Tools | MySQL | ... after correct installation.

If there are no available components, you can add them manually (right click in Toolbox > Choose Items).

Please use our tutorial to get started with Entity Developer (Start menu | All Programs | Devart dotConnect for MySQL | Entity Developer documentation, the "Overview" section, the "Tutorial" part).

KKirchhoff

Installation Problems

Post by KKirchhoff » Fri 28 Nov 2008 13:18

I already have problems to use the latest version of dotConnect for MySQL.

I downloaded the latest version (standard) from my account.

Before I installed the latest version, i uninstall all olde versions of you products.

After installation the latest version, i don't have the folling folder in Startmenu: "Entity Developer documentation ...." And I can't find all
components I need.

I Use the Visual Studio Verion of MSDN ....

What can i do to be sure, that i have the right version.

Thanks for help

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Fri 28 Nov 2008 13:44

LINQ support and Entity Developer are not available in Standard version, as you can see in our Editions matrix here:
http://devart.com/dotconnect/mysql/editions.html
Please point out the components you are not able to find.