Trial installation failure

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
dje

Trial installation failure

Post by dje » Wed 05 Nov 2008 20:36

I installed MyDirect.NET on a Vista 64bit workstation running VS2008. When I went to connect to a local MySQL instance, a received an error saying that the driver was not installed correctly. So, I used the uninstall program from the Devart folder in my Start Menu. Then I rebooted and tried to re-install the program. How I am getting this message when trying to re-install:

MyDirect.NET - Install Wizard
Another version of "Devart MyDirect.NET" product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To remove existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel.

It turns out that MyDirect.NET is not showing in Add/Remove Programs...

What is the installer finding that would make it think that it is still installed?

Thanks

dje

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 10 Nov 2008 08:44

Try removing the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Devart\Installed Products\NET2\MyDirect" or "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CoreLab\Installed Products\NET2\MyDirect" folder from your registry (path depends on the version of MyDirect .NET). It allows to install MyDirect .NET again.