Howto - DataSet Wizard & different DataBases

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
Zero-G.

Howto - DataSet Wizard & different DataBases

Post by Zero-G. » Tue 04 Nov 2008 09:58

Hey
I am developing a software which access one big DataBase through the internet. - The key benefit of this software should be, that each user gets it's complete own DataBase.
How can I solve the following problem with your Software:
(I use the latest building of v4 and VB2008)

When I use the DataSet Wizard, then Wizard let me set up a connection and build out of the based connection the Select Statements (DataAdapter). The Select would then look like: "Select Field, Field from DataBase.Table"
So, here is my problem. - When I only change the DataBase in the connection, then the DataAdapter's Select will not use this table, because of the fixed Select Statement. - When I delete the DataBase in the Select Statement, then the Wizard does not know the Select of the DataAdapter anymore.

Any suggestions?
THX

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Tue 04 Nov 2008 13:52

The "Select Field, Field from DataBase.Table" syntax will remain unchanged still.
But you can manually remove the DataBase part of select query in DataAdapter.
After this operation you can easily change the Connection.Database property without changing the query in DataAdapter.

Zero-G.

Post by Zero-G. » Tue 04 Nov 2008 13:58

Hey

Yes, this is, what I meant - The problem is than, that the wizard don't work correct anymore.

THX

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Wed 05 Nov 2008 12:20

Could you try the latest build of dotConnect for MySQL Beta?
A lot of DataSet Wizard bugs were fixed in this product, perhaps it will be ok for you.

Zero-G.

Post by Zero-G. » Wed 05 Nov 2008 12:29

Hey

So, I use your product in a productiv environment.
Do you think that the BETA is finished enough to use it in this way?
Is there a list of Bugs which where fixed?

THX

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Wed 05 Nov 2008 14:52

If you have no opportunity to check the functionality of dotConnect for MySQL Beta on a test machine, you can wait for the release, it is coming soon.