"Parser error" for all XSD datasets (production serv

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
robertnzana

"Parser error" for all XSD datasets (production serv

Post by robertnzana » Mon 20 Oct 2008 13:03

Using ASP.NET 3.5 and MySQL (thru DevArt MyDirect.NET)...

When I developed my XSD datasets I was using "localhost". But, on my production server I want to use the production database. I changed all the connection strings in the web.config before I copied up the source files.

Now, on the production server I get a "Parser Error" for every XSD dataset. It works perfect on my dev machine. But, on the production server I get the error.

Again, to troubleshoot the issue I went back to my dev machine and changed all the connectionstrings from localhost to the remote/production server db and made sure everything works fine. I then uploaded all the files to the production server and this is the error I get... (It happens with all my XSD datasets...)

Server Error in '/' Application.
Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error
details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Failed to generate code. Exception of type
'System.Data.Design.InternalException' was thrown.

Source Error:
Line 1:
Line 2:
Line 3:

Source File: /App_Code/DAL/dsCompanyTypes.xsd Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053;
ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053
Last edited by robertnzana on Tue 21 Oct 2008 18:59, edited 1 time in total.

robertnzana

Post by robertnzana » Tue 21 Oct 2008 18:58

I fixed it by adding the data provider in the web.config file. Add this section to it: