How to deploy My Direct . NET on remote server with dll only

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
createsoftware

How to deploy My Direct . NET on remote server with dll only

Post by createsoftware » Tue 07 Oct 2008 09:01

Hi ,

I have version 4.3 of My Direct.Net Pro and i have installed it on my development server bu i need to use it on a server that i can't install it on. i have tried to just put the dll in the Bin folder and refer to it but the sit eis asking for a build provider in the web.config file.

How can i configure it to run without installing it on the server ?

I did read your FAQ by the way and i followed it

it says
"How to deploy web projects that use MyDirect .NET?

Place CoreLab.MySql.dll and CoreLab.Data.dll in the bin folder of your web project. Another way to install the *.dll files needed is to launch setup program of MyDirect .NET on a target machine and choose "compact" option"

I get the following error

"Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed. "

could it be my web.config file that is stopping it from working ??

Thanks

A quick reply would be much appreciated - deadline looming ...

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 08 Oct 2008 11:01

Please check the entries on your development server in the ...\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\machine.config file. Put attention at \..\. Our installation program registers our providers there. Probably, you should make entries manually.

Also try configuring the web providers.
Refer to the ...\Program Files\Devart\MyDirect.NET2\Samples\Web\CS\WebProviders\web.config file from our samples. This sample shows how to use MyDirect .NET with ASP.NET 2.0 Providers Model.