MyDirect.NET & DotNetNuke

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
craigwatt

MyDirect.NET & DotNetNuke

Post by craigwatt » Tue 30 Sep 2008 11:50

Hi There,

I am looking for an MS based content management system that works with MySQL. I have found two so far, DotNetNuke (with MyDirect.Net) and Cuyahoga.

Cuyahoga works great, straight out the box, but I am struggling to get DotNetNuke to work with MyDirect & MySQL with the following error:

Value cannot be null. on the following line:
Line 50: Private dataProvider As DataProvider = dataProvider.Instance

It looks like DotNetNuke is struggling to create a data provider based on the information in the web.config file. I am using DNN version 04.09.00 (which I know is not the supported version).

My connection string looks like this:

I have updated the web.config file with the correct version values for the assembly binding section as follows (based on the version of MyDirect released on Monday):

What I want to know is:

* Do I HAVE to use version 04.07 of DNN, and if so, can someone point me where I can find it?
* If I can use version 04.09 what do I need to do to fix the problem above?
* Can anyone suggest any other MS based CMS systems that I can use with MySQL?

Thanks in advance
Craig

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 01 Oct 2008 12:33

The correct work of DotNetNuke Data Provider for MySQL is guaranteed only for DotNetNuke 4.7.0.0. Visit http://www.devart.com/mysqlnet/dnn.html , section "Compatibility" for more information.
We are sending you by e-mail DotNetNuke version 4.7.0.0.

craigwatt

Post by craigwatt » Thu 02 Oct 2008 07:07

Shalex wrote:The correct work of DotNetNuke Data Provider for MySQL is guaranteed only for DotNetNuke 4.7.0.0. Visit http://www.devart.com/mysqlnet/dnn.html , section "Compatibility" for more information.
We are sending you by e-mail DotNetNuke version 4.7.0.0.
Thanks for sending me version 4.7.0.0 of DNN. I have installed it, and the installation ran through perfectly. Much appreciated... :D

tushkan

Problem installing DNN with MySQL provider

Post by tushkan » Sun 17 May 2009 13:01

Althrough this post is pretty old, it still relevant for me. I'm trying to make DNN work with MySQL.
I've installed latest MySQL 5.1
I've downloaded and installed latest dotConnect for MySQL 5.20 Professional Trial + DNN 4.07 (the one you disclamed to support).
I've extracted DotNetNuke Data Provider for MySQL (mysqldnn.zip) contains to the sites' folder. I've renamed CoreLabMySql-DNN-4.7.0.0.config to web.config and updated db password to the one set to root.
The problem is with assemblyBinding node that i suppose to update: I got no idea which version should I set becouse I can't find any dll listed there at all: neither CoreLab.MySql.dll nor CoreLab.Data.dll.
Probably as a result of this, when I tried to run setup anyway, I got the following error:
Could not load file or assembly 'CoreLab.MySql, Version=4.30.24.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
This file just doesn't exist in my file system (I tied to find it with windows explorer).
Any ideas what I've done wrong?
Thanks in advance

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 20 May 2009 14:55

Tushkan, please do the same with MyDirect .NET 4.85 Trial for .NET Framework 2.0 that is available for download from our site at http://www.devart.com/trial/mysqlnet2.exe . DotNetNuke Data Provider for MySQL from our site is made for an old namespace (CoreLab) at the moment. So it should be used with the 4.x version of MyDirect .NET. We have upgraded DotNetNuke Data Provider for MySQL to the new namespace. It will be available when we test the new version. I will post here when it can be downloaded from our site.

impeto

Post by impeto » Fri 30 Apr 2010 11:47

Can you Send to me also version 4.07 DotNetNuke + MyDirect .NET?

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Thu 06 May 2010 12:26

I've sent you DotNetNuke Data Provider for MySQL and DotNetNuke 4.7 assemblies in other letter. Please check that it was not blocked by your mail filter.