"Trial period has expired" message - Just installed demos!

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
robertnzana

"Trial period has expired" message - Just installed demos!

Post by robertnzana » Sun 14 Sep 2008 01:09

I just installed the demos for MyDirect.net and dbForge Fusion. When I go into VS2008 and create a new website and try to use the tools I get this message:

Sorry, your trial period has expired. To order registered version please visit Devart site....

I just installed it just now. What is the problem????

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 15 Sep 2008 07:14

It is a known bug with dbForge Fusion and MyDirect .NET conflict. It will be fixed in the next build. Now, we recommend you to uninstall dbForge Fusion to make available using MyDirect .NET. Sorry for inconvenience.

robertnzana

Post by robertnzana » Mon 15 Sep 2008 14:06

Shalex wrote:It is a known bug with dbForge Fusion and MyDirect .NET conflict. It will be fixed in the next build. Now, we recommend you to uninstall dbForge Fusion to make available using MyDirect .NET. Sorry for inconvenience.
Thanks. So what you are saying is for the trial do NOT install dbForge Fusion, just MyDirect.NET?

How about the REAL products? Will they both work good together if I purchase them?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 16 Sep 2008 09:48

You are right, if you are using trial edition, install only MyDirect .NET (fix of this limitation will be in the next build). Professional, Standard and Mobile editions work fine, we haven't heard about this problem from users of these editions.