You guys are GREAT!, question about linqdatasource

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
[email protected]

You guys are GREAT!, question about linqdatasource

Post by [email protected] » Mon 08 Sep 2008 16:51

Hi,

First i would like to mention that i am really SO HAPPY with the Devart LINQ Support product.

Q1:

In the schema modeller: Can you please tell me why there is an option "run generator for model". It seems that if i UNCHECK this, it generates a MS SQL dbml which i cannot use, because i want to use MYSQL as a database

The only way i could use the schema modeller is by checking this checkbox, so it generates classes. Without the dbml file i cannot use the linqdatasource.

Q2: When i overwrite the dbml source with the source that is generated from the option "run generator from model", the linqdatasource seems to work (for a gridview). But only when displaying a complete table. When i modify anything, (removing colums, enabling linkdatasource for automatic updates, sorting of columns) i see a message "method not supported".

Is this going to be supported in the future ? (or is it already, but maybe i do not know how to implement?)

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 11 Sep 2008 14:13

The *.edml file format is used by Schema Modeler because it can be easily understood by users, as it is well documented by Microsoft.
The LinqDataSource component really doesn't work with the current beta version of LINQ Support. We are implementing our own similar component now.

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » Thu 11 Sep 2008 14:18

YESS !!

Great news to hear. I'm going to buy mydirect.net

Question: The website stated that the beta of linq support will be included into a new release of mydirect.net

When i buy the current release of mydirect.net (to start developing with the beta), do i also then have access tot the new mydirect.net version including the linq 2 mysql. or do i have to upgrade/purchase the new release.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 11 Sep 2008 15:03

The next release of MyDirect .NET will be with integrated LINQ Support. If you purchase MyDirect .NET now, you will get free access to the further updates during one year after the day you become the Subscription program member.