License not valid. Please view "Licensing" topic in MySQLDir

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
James R. Davis

License not valid. Please view "Licensing" topic in MySQLDir

Post by James R. Davis » Fri 29 Aug 2008 01:11

This application has been running on my production server for almost two years without any trouble. All of a sudden, as of today, I get this message.

What happened? I've made no change to my code in months.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 29 Aug 2008 08:42

James R. Davis

Post by James R. Davis » Fri 29 Aug 2008 09:58

Shalex wrote:Please use this guidance:
http://www.devart.com/mysqlnet/faq.html#q38
What was I unclear about? This FAILURE occurs on my production server (not recently changed), with my web site (that is NOT compiled), and which has been running successfully for more than one year (NO programming changes to it in months).

It was 4.25.23.0.

I have had to upgrade to 4.85.33.0 to make it work again. WHY?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 29 Aug 2008 15:03

According to the Microsoft licensing policy, Devart license resource is placed in App_Licenses.dll.
Please tell us, does the error arise after application was restarted?
Check what assemblies are loaded in process. Probably, another App_Licenses.dll or CoreLab.Oracle.dll assemblies are used by your application.
Was OraDirect .NET of another version installed at server? Maybe there are other assemblies with OraDirect .NET license in the process?

asceta

Post by asceta » Thu 30 Oct 2008 08:54

Hello,

Did you solve the problem?

I've the same problem here. I've four dedicated servers running my web service that uses MyDirect .NET. Three of them are wotking without problems for about a year. But one of them on july had this problem. It was solved reinstalling MyDirect .NET. Yesterday it happened again. Reinstalling the drivers soved the problem one more time.

I'm almost sure it has something to do with the number of concurrent connections. The web service logs for yesterday and that day on july are similars: lots of connections, and there is a point when we receive 7 connections at the same time. From here, all the following access to the driver are getting the License not valid error. On july was similar. The other three servers didn't have as much connectiosn as this one.

I'm using CoreLab.MySql.dll 3.55.20 (with a valid license, of course).

Why is this happening??? It's annoying me.

Regards

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Mon 03 Nov 2008 13:32

A new build of MySQLDirect .NET (version 3.55) will be available in several days. The mentioned problem is fixed in this build.