Lost connection to MySQL server during query

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
jammerjam

Lost connection to MySQL server during query

Post by jammerjam » Thu 19 Jun 2008 20:40

I have a simple data grid that users can edit, and I'm still getting periodic errors when the driver loses a connection. I've verified nobody is restarting the production server during these times.

I've upgraded to v4.7, and nothing else on the page has changed.

Code: Select all

Inner Exception
Type: CoreLab.MySql.MySqlException
Source: CoreLab.MySql
TargetSite: Void a(Byte[], Int32, Int32)
Stack Trace: at CoreLab.MySql.a8.a(Byte[] A_0, Int32 A_1, Int32 A_2) at CoreLab.MySql.a8.a() at CoreLab.MySql.a8.c() at CoreLab.MySql.bh.c() at CoreLab.MySql.bh.a(Byte[]& A_0) at CoreLab.MySql.MySqlDataReader.Read() at System.Data.Common.DbEnumerator.MoveNext() at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.DataBind() at _Default.RebindGrid() at _Default.setupPage(String inSort) at _Default.SortEventHandler(Object sender, DataGridSortCommandEventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid.OnSortCommand(DataGridSortCommandEventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridItem.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) 
Suggestions?

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Fri 20 Jun 2008 09:59

Please send me (alexeyman*devart*com) a small test project to
reproduce the problem.
It is desirable to use 'test' schema objects, otherwise
include the
definition of your own database objects.
If it is impossible for you to create the test project, send
us a piece of
your code where the error occurs or describe steps to
reproduce the problem.
What is the version/edition of the product you use?
What MySQL server do you use?
Is it SSL connection?