TableAdapter Configuration Wizard not creating DELETE method

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
lgriffin

TableAdapter Configuration Wizard not creating DELETE method

Post by lgriffin » Thu 29 May 2008 17:12

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the latest version ( 4.50.27 ) of your product on Visual Studio 2008.

When i go through Visual Studio's TableAdapter Configuration Wizard, it doesnt generate the "delete method" but it seems to be generating the rest of the methods ( select, insert, update, table mappings, get). What's going on ?

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Fri 30 May 2008 06:36

Hello,

Could you post a table definition script?
So we can reproduce the problem.

Alexey.

lgriffin

Sure thing, but how?

Post by lgriffin » Fri 30 May 2008 14:24

OK how do i do that and i'll post it right away.

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Fri 30 May 2008 15:03

For simplicity, you can use MyDeveloper Studio or any other environment or tool for performing and organizing MySQL database developments.
In MyDeveloper studio you should open a connection to the needed database,
right click on the table in question, choose “Generate DDL...” and you will get the script.

lgriffin

I use a program called "SQLYog Enterprise" to interact with our mySQL installation

Post by lgriffin » Sun 01 Jun 2008 12:21

Is this what you're looking for? Let me know, thanks. Also i was able to reproduce this same issue across two different clients using different databases, but within the same mysql installation. For what it's worth, i was able to get a correctly generated tableadapter through the "mySQL Dataset Wizrd" which is part of the CoreLab product, but it still doesnt work if i do it through the Visual Studio's native interface, like i posted above. Let me know, Thanks for your time.

/*Column Information For - clientname.staff*/
--------------------------------------------------

Field Type Collation Null Key Default Extra Privileges Comment
---------- ------------ ----------------- ------ ------ ------- -------------- ------------------------------- -------
staffID int(11) NULL PRI (NULL) auto_increment select,insert,update,references
staffphoto varchar(255) latin1_swedish_ci YES (NULL) select,insert,update,references
staffbio text latin1_swedish_ci YES (NULL) select,insert,update,references
staffname varchar(255) latin1_swedish_ci YES (NULL) select,insert,update,references

/*Index Information For - clientname.staff*/
-------------------------------------------------

Table Non_unique Key_name Seq_in_index Column_name Collation Cardinality Sub_part Packed Null Index_type Comment
------ ---------- -------- ------------ ----------- --------- ----------- -------- ------ ------ ---------- -------
staff 0 PRIMARY 1 staffID A 0 (NULL) (NULL) BTREE

/*DDL Information For - clientname.staff*/
-----------------------------------------------

Table Create Table
------ ----------------------------------------------
staff CREATE TABLE `staff` (
`staffID` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
`staffphoto` varchar(255) default NULL,
`staffbio` text,
`staffname` varchar(255) default NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`staffID`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Mon 02 Jun 2008 07:59

Hello,

We tried to reproduce the issue, but everything is working fine.
Try downloading the newest version of MyDirect .NET. (v. 4.70.28 )
Please specify the edition of MyDirect .NET, the full version of MySQL server and OS installed.
I have sent you a test project on email.
If the issue is not solved please send me a step-by-step screenshots (or a small movie) to illustrate the problem.

Regards,
Alexey.

lgriffin

Post by lgriffin » Mon 02 Jun 2008 16:20

I just completely re-installed windows xp with all the latest updates + vs2008 on my virtual machine here. I have just also downloaded the latest product, which seems to introduce a new bug. Bear in mind these are fresh installs as of this morning. mySQL server version is 4.1.22

1.) Using the native VS 2008 Dataset wizard, i'm still not getting the DELETE methods generated. And if you look at the code for the .xsd file, it's not generating the UPDATE method either.

2.) Now, if i try to use either the Corelab Dataset wizard or the VS2008 dataset wizard, it doesnt seem to "see" the connection string that i have in my web.config. file, so that pretty much does it for me.

I've emailed you some zip files with screenshots.

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Wed 04 Jun 2008 07:16

As to the first problem I have sent you an email.
As to the second one, the problem is reproduced.
We will fix it as soon as possible.
As a temporary solution please add the connection string manually

Code: Select all

"