MyDirect.NET with Asp.Net 1.0 and MySQL 5.0

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
duraikarthik

MyDirect.NET with Asp.Net 1.0 and MySQL 5.0

Post by duraikarthik » Thu 03 Apr 2008 18:18

Dear Experts,

We are having a website which runs MySQLDirect with .Net 1 and MySQL 4.0 properly.

After i upgraded my database to MySQL 5.0 , my webpages could not able to access the database and,
gives the following error,

Lost connection to MySQL server during query
or

Net packets out of order: received[3], expected[1]

Kindly give me a valuable suggestion to make it work...

Thanks & regards,
Durai karthik.M

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Fri 04 Apr 2008 11:15

Hello Durai,
please post the versions of
- OS (server and client);
- MyDirect .NET;
Please provide some code where the exception is thrown, also include a stacktrace.
Does this happen every time you connect to the database?

duraikarthik

Reg : Version details and StackTrace

Post by duraikarthik » Fri 04 Apr 2008 12:04

Dear Alexeyman,

Thanks for your response.

Yeah it happens every time when i try to connect the database.

Vesion of the following which u asked,

OS -Windows XP Service Pack 2 (Asp.Net 1.1 with MySQL 5.0)

MyDirect.NET - 2.40.4.0

StackTrace :

[MySqlException: Net packets out of order: received[3], expected[1]]
CoreLab.MySql.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +178
ClassLibrary.StoredProcedure.procAllProductTypeSelect() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ClassLibrary\StoredProcedure.cs:295

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean isBinderDefault, Assembly caller, Boolean verifyAccess) +0
System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean verifyAccess) +425
System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) +23
System.Reflection.MethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) +17
ClassLibrary.StoredProcedure.CallStoredProcedure(String connectionString, String spName, Object[] parameterValues) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ClassLibrary\StoredProcedure.cs:89
ClassLibrary.SqlHelper.ExecuteDataTable(String connectionString, String spName, Object[] parameterValues) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ClassLibrary\SQLHelper.cs:173
ClassLibrary.Product.SelectAllProductType() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ClassLibrary\Product.cs:169

[WebUIException: Error occurred in execution of MySQL Query]
ClassLibrary.Product.SelectAllProductType() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ClassLibrary\Product.cs:174
BCard.Web.ListProducts.BindDLL(Int32 cardTypeID) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\BCard\Web\ListProducts.aspx.cs:147
BCard.Web.ListProducts.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\BCard\Web\ListProducts.aspx.cs:93
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750

As i told u earlier which is working well with MySQL 4.0

Expecting your valuable suggestion.

Thanks & regards,
Durai karthik

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Fri 04 Apr 2008 14:27

Hello Durai,
Please download the latest build of MyDirect .NET v. 2.80 from our web site.
It is highly recommended to use a new build of MyDirect .NET v. 4.50.26.0.
There were a lot of crucial changes and bug fixes.

duraikarthik

Exception

Post by duraikarthik » Fri 04 Apr 2008 16:34

Ya..Alex i just updated the latest version of MyDirect.Net4.5 but the thing is i am getting an SystemNotSupportedException.
and it says an error message like

Exception Details: System.NotSupportedException: Specified method is not supported.

Stack Trace:

[NotSupportedException: Specified method is not supported.]
CoreLab.MySql.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
ClassLibrary.StoredProcedure.procLowestQuantityPriceSelect() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ClassLibrary\StoredProcedure.cs:2140

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean isBinderDefault, Assembly caller, Boolean verifyAccess) +0
System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean verifyAccess) +422
System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) +23
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) +14
ClassLibrary.StoredProcedure.CallStoredProcedure(String connectionString, String spName, Object[] parameterValues) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ClassLibrary\StoredProcedure.cs:89
ClassLibrary.SqlHelper.ExecuteDataTable(String connectionString, String spName, Object[] parameterValues) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ClassLibrary\SQLHelper.cs:173
ClassLibrary.Pricing.SelectLowestQuantityPrice() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ClassLibrary\Pricing.cs:294

[GraphicsException: Error occurred in execution of Pricing::SelectLowestQuantityPrice]
ClassLibrary.Pricing.SelectLowestQuantityPrice() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ClassLibrary\Pricing.cs:300
BCard.Web.Home.LoadQuantityPrice() in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\bcard\home.aspx.cs:110
BCard.Web.Home.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\bcard\home.aspx.cs:72
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +731

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Mon 07 Apr 2008 09:32

Please send me (alexeyman*crlab*com) a small test project to reproduce the problem.
It is desirable to use 'test' schema objects, otherwise include the
definition of your own database objects.
Do not use third party components.
If it is impossible for you to create the test project, send us a piece of
your code where the error occurs.