Publishing site

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
illusione

Publishing site

Post by illusione » Fri 01 Feb 2008 11:11

Hello
I bought Mydirect 4.30. I created a website I copied the folder bin dll CoreLab.Data.dll CoreLab.MySql.dll CoreLab.MySql.Web.dll I published the site but the server I see this error:

Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Fri 01 Feb 2008 13:48

Check your web.config for referencing correct assemblies in the bin folder.
Have you ever had MyDirect .NET of other version installed on your developer machine? Probably the web site was earlier compiled with other assemblies.

illusione

Post by illusione » Fri 01 Feb 2008 14:16

Yes, I had the version Mydirect 4.20 TRIAL. I tried to connect to the database via code is working. When I use mysqldatasource while working locally on the server, I see the error.

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Fri 01 Feb 2008 14:44

Let's reconfigure some references:
- delete all references to CoreLab.* libraries from your current ASP.NET project
- add new references to CoreLab.MySql and CoreLab.Data
- rebuild the project
- deploy the web site

illusione

Post by illusione » Fri 01 Feb 2008 20:02

I tried but it is the same.
If I use the code works on the local and server

Code: Select all

Dim cn As New CoreLab.MySql.MySqlConnection("Database=vdlweb;Data Source=localhost;User Id=root;Password=123456;")
Dim cm As New CoreLab.MySql.MySqlDataAdapter("SELECT * FROM audio limit 10", cn)
cm.Fill(ds)
GridView1.DataSource = ds.Tables(0)
GridView1.DataBind()
cn.Close()
If I use the configuration wizard(MySqlDataSource),
I work locally but not on the server. Why?

Error:
Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.]
System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory(String providerInvariantName) +1447431
System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSource.GetDbProviderFactory() +63
System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSource.GetDbProviderFactorySecure() +19
System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) +120
System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +17
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +149
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +70
System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.DataBind() +4
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound() +82
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.CreateChildControls() +69
System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +87
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +50
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +170
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +170
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2041

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Mon 04 Feb 2008 09:58

Could you make minimal installation of MyDirect .NET on the server?
If yes, uninstall any prior versions of the product and make Minimal installation of the new one.
I work locally but not on the server. Why?

Dim cn As New CoreLab.MySql.MySqlConnection("Database=vdlweb;Data Source=localhost;User Id=root;Password=123456;") 
It's not matter where the database is. You can work locally as well as remotely.
From your connection string I can see that you use localhost. Try changing the connection string.
Be aware of the server settings, which should allow remote connection to the database.

illusione

Post by illusione » Mon 11 Feb 2008 15:20

The connection string is right. In all the pages of the site using the same string is working. When I use datasource goes wrong. Unfortunately, the server will not install Mydirect me and I do not soche

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Mon 11 Feb 2008 16:00

You need to register MyDirect .NET provider in your web.config.
Here is an example:

You can get the needed block of code from your machine.config (on the developer side).

illusione

Post by illusione » Mon 11 Feb 2008 16:49

I copied the code does not work but nothing more.

This is my web config.

-->

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Tue 12 Feb 2008 13:17

We tested your web.config and it worked fine with a demo web site.
Try inserting command in your web.config. See the code:

Make sure that the version of the dll specified in the example corresponds to the version of the product installed on your (developer) machine.

illusione

Post by illusione » Tue 12 Feb 2008 17:22

Finally! We have succeeded!
It works all the great! Congratulations on the professionalism and care you give your customers. I am pleased to have purchased this product. You are the best. Thank you and the next! Hello

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Wed 13 Feb 2008 12:00

You are welcome!
We're always glad to help our users.