GenerateDBDirectMethods Greyed out in Visual Studio 2008

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
lgriffin

GenerateDBDirectMethods Greyed out in Visual Studio 2008

Post by lgriffin » Thu 31 Jan 2008 21:59

Hi,

When i try to use the TableAdapter Configuration Wizard with the latest version of this product ( as of today ) along with VS2008 I'm getting a greyed out box next to where it says "Create methods to send updates directly to the database" ( In the TableAdapter Configuration Wizard) which is a deal breaker for me. Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Fri 01 Feb 2008 11:51

Please send me a small test project to reproduce the problem.
It is desirable to use 'test' schema objects, otherwise include the
definition of your own database objects.
Do not use third party components.
If it is impossible for you to create the test project, send us a piece of
your code where the error occurs.

schnieds

Re: GenerateDBDirectMethods Greyed out in Visual Studio 2008

Post by schnieds » Wed 27 Feb 2008 16:13

lgriffin wrote:Hi,

When i try to use the TableAdapter Configuration Wizard with the latest version of this product ( as of today ) along with VS2008 I'm getting a greyed out box next to where it says "Create methods to send updates directly to the database" ( In the TableAdapter Configuration Wizard) which is a deal breaker for me. Can someone please tell me how to fix this?
This same problem is happening to me also.

I had installed the 4.30 trial edition. Uninstalled it and then installed my full licensed version after purchase.

Last night I uninstalled the full licensed version, ensured that the assemblies were removed from the GAC after the uninstallation, rebooted and re-installed. I also checked to make sure that the CoreLabs dlls don't exist in my bin folder.

This problem happens in my existing large web application as well as any new web application that I create.

To reproduce in a new application, I created a new website project, created a connectionstring in the web.config that used the CoreLabs.MySQL data provider and then added a DataSet to my project. When I add a TableAdapter to the DataSet I can browse the tables in my MySQL database no problem, however the GenerateDBMethods checkbox is greyed out just as reported by Igriffin.

Please help with other things I can check or configure to get this working, I need to get this fixed ASAP so I can proceed with development.

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Thu 28 Feb 2008 15:23

We reproduced the bug.
MyDirect .NET experiences this problem only in Visual Studio 2008.
We are planing to improve the interaction with Entity Framework and Visual Studio 2008 DDEX.
This problem will be fixed in the next build, which we are planning to issue in three weeks.