Visual Web Developer Express and License not valid

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
wbbn

Visual Web Developer Express and License not valid

Post by wbbn » Mon 07 Jan 2008 11:01

I'm using VWD2008Express and have succesfully installed CoreLab and although I don't have all the features within the IDE, I was able to follow the documentations instruction to 'compile' runtime licenses.

So, I've got a app_licenses.dll file and distributed it into the webserver, yet am still receiving "License not valid" messages.

I'm really looking forward to an answer since I'm in a pickle right now. The evaluation period has already ended and the project has come to a halt due to this license issue.

Thanks in advance.

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Tue 08 Jan 2008 09:10

This means that license information was found but it is incorrect. It usually happens in the following cases:
1.The project was earlier compiled with old or trial version of MyDirect .NET.
2.File licenses.config used by a class library does not refer to launched executable.
3.The App_Licenses.dll belongs to other application or needs to be recompiled.
4.Something's wrong with the operating system or installation of MyDirect .NET.
If you encounter this problem delete all files from obj folder and rebuild the project. If this does not help send to our support address small compiled binary with sources so we can investigate the problem detailed.

wbbn

Post by wbbn » Tue 08 Jan 2008 10:31

I'm at a loss here. Your answer was a copy and paste from the documentation. An earlier email to support got lost, so I'll try here.

My environment uses a ftp-drive immediately on the server itself. The project is compiled by asp.net and not with my VWD2008. The MyDirect allows me to generate the required (according to the docs) app_licenses.dll, which in turn is generated immediately in the bin folder on the server.

So what if?

1. This could be, yet I uninstalled the trial first, the asp.net did no longer work properly. Than I deployed the required dll files into the bin folder. What else can I do?

2. I'm not using the class solution.

3. Recompile doesn't solve the issue, and how does the license scheme determine which application it does or does not work, since I did not configure any of this anywhere?

4. That would mean my development OS, right? Again I uninstalled trial and installed MyDirect afterwards. Although I'm still uncertain about the license myself as developer. I did not register anywhere except at download time of the installation setup.

Previously I've emailed the app_licenses.dll to support but they did not return an aswer (perhaps my mail was being junked); how can we proceed from here?

wbbn

Post by wbbn » Wed 09 Jan 2008 09:44

anybody? :cry:

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Wed 09 Jan 2008 11:29

It seems like trial assemblies mixed up with professional ones.
Could you please send again the App_licenses.dll?
Meanwhile try the following steps to clean up your system from the trial assemblies:
1.Close your IDE if it's running.
2.Uninstall MyDirect .NET
3.Check your GAC for CoreLab*.dll libraries and delete them.
4.Reinstall the product.
5.Recompile your project.