How to change the my.Settings?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
Zero-G.

How to change the my.Settings?

Post by Zero-G. » Wed 12 Dec 2007 16:01

Hey

I saw, that the DataSet Wizzard can change the My.Settings, where the connections String is saved in.
How can I do this to? (Because the Connection String is an Application Setting and not a User Setting.
Is there a VB.NET Sample you can provide me?

THX

Serious

Post by Serious » Wed 12 Dec 2007 16:47

In WinForms designer focus MySqlConnection component and select "ConnectionString..." action. "MySqlConnection Editor" dialog will popup, there is a "Edit application settings" button, it allows to add connection to application settings. Under hood it edits Settings.settings file (which affects Settings.Designer.vb autogenerated file) and app.config file. You can edit setting scope in the Settings.settings file.

Was this information helpful?

Zero-G.

Post by Zero-G. » Thu 13 Dec 2007 08:00

Hey

THX for your reply, but it was not really as helpful, as I thought.
What I want to do is, to give the user the chance to change the settings himself. - So I have to be able to change the Application based Connection String in the released version. - Not only when I am in the IDE.

THX

Serious

Post by Serious » Thu 13 Dec 2007 09:07

MyDirect .NET does not provide such functionality because it is not related to data access. Refer to another resource to know how to change settings at runtime. Maybe this MSDN article will be useful for you.