MyDirect.NET 2.0 MySqlDataSource

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
Kent Hawley

MyDirect.NET 2.0 MySqlDataSource

Post by Kent Hawley » Thu 29 Nov 2007 19:46

My goal is to port a working Web Site from MS SQL, ASP.NET 2.0 to MySQL. I've had many problems. The latest is:

DataBinding: 'System.Data.DataRowView' does not contain a property
with the name 'albumid'.

Note: albumid is in the DB table and the SELECT command works when executed in SQLyog.

I was hoping that switching from SqlDataSource (and FormView) to MySqlDataSource from MyDirect.NET would solve my problem, or make it easier to diagnose my problem. However, the problem remains.

The first two things I need from Core Lab is:
1) MySqlDataSource documentation. (Every other class is documented fully, but this one!)
2) C# DataSource Sample: When attempting to bring up Default.aspx in the MS VS Web Development Professional, it goes to the root of the Web project instead. I have tinkered with <authentication, <authorization, .. etc. in Web.config, but the beharior does not change. Do you have a Web.config code snippet that works?

This should enable me to gain confidence in 1) MySqlDataSource and 2) duplicate the problem in a small test case instead of a large one.

Thanks,
Kent

Serious

Post by Serious » Fri 30 Nov 2007 09:21

Documentation for the MySqlDataSource component will be released in the next version of MyDirect .NET.

We tested the DataSource demo project ("%ProgramFiles%\CoreLab\MyDirect.NET2\Samples\Web\CS\") both with Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and VS2005, and found no problems with it. Actually, I didn't understand your problem with MS VS Web Developer, please describe it in details.

Please send us a small test project to reproduce the problem with DataBinding. Use e-mail address provided in the Support.html file.

Kent Hawley

Re: MyDirect.NET 2.0 MySqlDataSource

Post by Kent Hawley » Fri 30 Nov 2007 16:06

Serious, Thank you for a prompt reply.
1. Documentation for the MySqlDataSource component will be released in the next version of MyDirect .NET.
I am a couple of days into the 30 day trial. Will the next version arrive during the trial? If not, would it be possible to have another trial period after it arrives?
2. We tested the DataSource demo project ("%ProgramFiles%\CoreLab\MyDirect.NET2\Samples\Web\CS\") both with Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and VS2005, and found no problems with it. Actually, I didn't understand your problem with MS VS Web Developer, please describe it in details.
I have MS VS Web Developer Exress and MS VS Web Developer Professional on my machine. I normally use Express. I used Professional only briefly for a remote team web site.

Meanwhile, MyDirect.NET install chose Professional. So my failure is probably due to different semantics (Professional seems to like Solutions while Express likes Projects) and my lack of experience using Professional for a local project or solution.

I retried the Sample C# DataSource as a project under MS VS Web Developer Express. I start Default.aspx without debugging, it comes up and runs! (I also removed my authorization clause in Web.config. It still runs).

That leaves me with MyDirect tooling in Professional and success in Express. (Anyway, that is my problem, not yours.)
3. Please send us a small test project to reproduce the problem with DataBinding. Use e-mail address provided in the Support.html file.
I will work on developing a small test project that reproduces the problem or fixes my problem, which ever comes first. I think I will start with your DataSource C# Sample and morph it into my problem.

Note: my case has data binding in a FormView on an .aspx page, which calls a .ascx control (with 1 parm data bound) which also has data binding and uses an Object instead of a SELECT field.

It works under MS SQL, fails under MySQL with SqlDataSource or with MySqlDataSource on the .aspx page.

It will take me a while.

In the meantime, thanks for listening.

Kent

Serious

Post by Serious » Fri 30 Nov 2007 16:42

If not, would it be possible to have another trial period after it arrives?
Yes, we can provide you another trial period.

MySqlDataSource is completely based on the SqlDataSource, so you can refer to its documentation freely.