Problem in using MyDirect with SSAS 2005

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
guranbaksh

Problem in using MyDirect with SSAS 2005

Post by guranbaksh » Mon 29 Oct 2007 16:58

Hi!

I was very excited to see that this is the only driver that allowed me to get as far as I did when I used this with SSAS 2005. I was able to create Data Source, Data Source View and even define the Dimension/Facts etc.

When I went to deploy, I got the following message:

Error 1 Errors in the high-level relational engine. The following exception occurred while the managed IDbCommand interface was being used: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '[brs_mailing_dimension].[message_id] AS [brs_mailing_dimensionmessage_id0_0] F' at line 3. 0 0

Can you please help in understanding why I might be getting this message and how to over this?

Thanks!

Guran

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Mon 29 Oct 2007 17:18

Make sure that CoreLab.MySql.xsl file exists in the "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.\OLAP\bin\Cartridges\" folder on the PC where Analysis Services reside. If you didn't install MyDirect .NET on that PC, perform using the minimal install mode.

guranbaksh

Post by guranbaksh » Tue 30 Oct 2007 04:16

The file CoreLab.MySql.xsl file exists in the "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.\OLAP\bin\Cartridges\" folder on the PC where Analysis Services resides. Is that sufficient? I even tried creating this directory in the exact same folder where you'd suggested. But no luck. Any help will be appreciated.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 30 Oct 2007 14:37

Was it put there during the installation process or manually by you?
Have you restarted MS SQL services after that?

guranbaksh

Post by guranbaksh » Tue 30 Oct 2007 17:48

The file existed in folder when I searched for it. I did restart the MS SQL services just now and then opened up the AS project and tried to deploy but no luck. My box's configuration is as follows:

-- MS SQL server 2005 SP 2
-- VS Team edition
-- MySQL ver 5
-- MS Windows 2003 SP 1

guranbaksh

Post by guranbaksh » Tue 30 Oct 2007 17:54

I just noticed that I'm now getting a different error:

Error 1 Errors in the high-level relational engine. The following exception occurred while the managed IDbConnection interface was being used: License not valid. Please view "Licensing" topic in MySQLDirect .NET documentation for details or contact Core Lab technical support.. 0 0

As soon as I'm able to show the proof of concept, we definitely intend to buy these drivers. Is the licensing an issue?

guranbaksh

Post by guranbaksh » Tue 30 Oct 2007 17:56

And one more thing I wanted to add was that I've downloaded this driver only last week and what I understood from the documentation that this driver can be used for a 30 day trial period??

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 30 Oct 2007 18:06

No, this is not the licensing problem.
Try to reinstall MyDirect .NET 4.25 version.

guranbaksh

Post by guranbaksh » Tue 30 Oct 2007 19:27

I tried to install the 4.25 driver again (after uninstalling the previous installation),

Noticed that the file CoreLab.MySql.xsl file DOES NOT exist in the "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.\OLAP\bin\Cartridges\"

Copied that file there manually.

Rebooted the computer.

Tried to build a new project and got the same error again:

Error 9 Errors in the high-level relational engine. The following exception occurred while the managed IDbConnection interface was being used: License not valid. Please view "Licensing" topic in MySQLDirect .NET documentation for details or contact Core Lab technical support.. 0 0

guranbaksh

Post by guranbaksh » Tue 30 Oct 2007 19:32

More information I can provide is that in my AS 2005 project:

I am able to setup/test the connection just fine
I am able to use the Data Source Views wizard to create a DSV just fine
I am able to run the Cubes wizard just fine and create Fact/Dimension tables just fine

If I view the data in any of the tables, it works fine and does show me the data

Just that when I try to deploy, I get the error mentioned above along with other failure errors which are due to the above mentioned error.

guranbaksh

Post by guranbaksh » Tue 30 Oct 2007 23:19

Ok after a long hit and trial...when I copied CoreLab.MySql.EnterpriseLibrary.dll file to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.3\OLAP\bin\

I was successful. Can you confirm if this might be a correct thing to do?

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 31 Oct 2007 07:35

I am sure that CoreLab.MySql.EnterpriseLibrary.dll has nothing to do with SSAS. Probably, you have changed something (restarted service, reopened VS, etc.) and this action did the trick. Actually, I had the same problems as you. But I haven't figured out yet what causes licensing problem. After one or two reinstalls of MyDirect .NET I got it to work.
We will investigate this problem deeply, but anyway MyDirect .NET does work with SSAS.

guranbaksh

Post by guranbaksh » Wed 31 Oct 2007 16:53

Thanks!! Please let me know once you've figured it out. I will proceed with applying this driver to our test box.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Thu 01 Nov 2007 16:53

I've performed some testing on a clean virtual PC. Everything worked fine and I could not reproduce any problem after feeding analysis services valid CoreLab.MySql.xsl file.