Problems whit MySqlDirect.NET Mobile

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
mettainfo

Problems whit MySqlDirect.NET Mobile

Post by mettainfo » Fri 14 Sep 2007 19:01

Hi,

I'm writing from Brazil, then sorry, but my english is not so good !

I have installed the trial version of mysqldirect.net mobile and create an aplication on visual studio 2005 to work on a windows CE (compact framework) and all project works fine.

Recently, i purchased the professional version of the same component, but, during the instalation appears this error message:

"Package 'CoreLab.MySql.Vs.MySqlDataProviderPackage has failed to load properly (GUID={504F672E-6D5F-48B5-A462-B2921929734C} ). Please contact package vendor for assistance. Application restart is recommended, due to possible environment corruption. Would you like to disable loading this package in the future?"

I try to desinstall the trial version and install the pro version but the error message continues.

After the installation, the application that run on a windows ce show me that message:

"License not valid. Please view "Licensing" topic in MySQLDirect.NEt documentation for details or contact Core Lab technical support"

Can anyone help me about this ?

What the correct steps to install this component ??

I have a Windows XP Professional SP2 (portuguese), Visual Studio 2005, and a mobile device with windows CE 5.0

Thanks

Sds
Leandro

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Mon 17 Sep 2007 07:44

Please search the registry for "MyDirect" and change ProductName attribute from "MyDirect .NET Mobile" to "MySQLDirect .NET Mobile".