Problem with Data Source Configuration Wizzard

Postby Shalex » Tue 08 Sep 2009 14:26

Please check the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0\DataProviders key in your registry. All SubKeys should correspond to the installed providers. If SubKey refers to an invalid provider, please remove this SubKey.
Shalex
Devart Team
 
Posts: 7774
Joined: Thu 14 Aug 2008 12:44

Postby Bartman » Tue 08 Sep 2009 16:11

Shalex wrote:Please check the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0\DataProviders key in your registry. All SubKeys should correspond to the installed providers. If SubKey refers to an invalid provider, please remove this SubKey.


I just have one SubKey : {01efbc1c-afc6-4D22-8845-40916919f6c4}
named "Devart dotConnect for MySQL" (default value).
Regards.
Alain
Bartman
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat 06 Jun 2009 19:22

Postby Shalex » Fri 11 Sep 2009 12:04

Please try adding the mentioned entry to the \Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe.config file too.
Code: Select all
 
   
              description="Devart dotConnect for MySQL" type="Devart.Data.MySql.MySqlProviderFactory, Devart.Data.MySql, Version=5.40.39.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701" />
   

 

Does it resolve the problem?
Shalex
Devart Team
 
Posts: 7774
Joined: Thu 14 Aug 2008 12:44

Postby Shalex » Fri 11 Sep 2009 15:45

We have managed to reproduce the problem when the DbProviderFactories section of machine.config contained the entries for other providers which are not valid (e.g. uninstalled) now. Please make sure your machine config doesn't contain entries for invalid providers.
Shalex
Devart Team
 
Posts: 7774
Joined: Thu 14 Aug 2008 12:44

Postby Bartman » Mon 14 Sep 2009 13:02

Shalex wrote:Please try adding the mentioned entry to the \Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe.config file too.
Code: Select all
 
   
              description="Devart dotConnect for MySQL" type="Devart.Data.MySql.MySqlProviderFactory, Devart.Data.MySql, Version=5.40.39.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701" />
   

 

Does it resolve the problem?


This doesn't work. Cannot use or add new server explorer...
Alain
Bartman
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat 06 Jun 2009 19:22

Postby Bartman » Mon 14 Sep 2009 13:08

Shalex wrote:We have managed to reproduce the problem when the DbProviderFactories section of machine.config contained the entries for other providers which are not valid (e.g. uninstalled) now. Please make sure your machine config doesn't contain entries for invalid providers.


I post you my machine.config file (from fraternite76-bartman@yahoo.fr) to help your investigation.
Regards.
Alain.
Bartman
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat 06 Jun 2009 19:22

Postby Shalex » Wed 16 Sep 2009 07:33

We didn't receive any e-mail from (fraternite76-bartman at yahoo.fr). Please send it again to my e-mail (alexsh at devart.com).
Shalex
Devart Team
 
Posts: 7774
Joined: Thu 14 Aug 2008 12:44

Postby Bartman » Wed 16 Sep 2009 14:03

Hi Alex

I've tried the machine.config file you sent me... And it works.

I will compare the 2 file (yours and mine) to help me understand where the problem is...

Thanks a lot.

Alain.
Bartman
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat 06 Jun 2009 19:22

Postby pankajnagarkoti86 » Mon 12 Oct 2009 22:20

Using VS2005 pro, MySQLDirect .NET Data Provider Pro v4.0, MySql Server 4.1 and the VS data source wizard, I get the following error when trying to create a ne data source:
pankajnagarkoti86
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon 12 Oct 2009 22:19

Postby Shalex » Tue 13 Oct 2009 11:29

pankajnagarkoti86 wrote:Using VS2005 pro, MySQLDirect .NET Data Provider Pro v4.0, MySql Server 4.1 and the VS data source wizard, I get the following error when trying to create a ne data source:

1. Could you please tell us the exact text of the error and your call stack?
2. What are the steps we should follow to reproduce the problem?
Shalex
Devart Team
 
Posts: 7774
Joined: Thu 14 Aug 2008 12:44

Previous

Return to dotConnect for MySQL