Problem with Data Source Configuration Wizzard

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
Bobby

Problem with Data Source Configuration Wizzard

Post by Bobby » Thu 16 Aug 2007 15:27

I get an "Error Message: Failed to find or load registered .Net Framework Data Provider" when using the wizard to establish a new connection.
I'm using VS 2005 with MySqlDirect.

TIA

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Fri 17 Aug 2007 06:53

Please ensure that there is appropriate record about our provider in the DbProviderFactories section of your machine.config file.
Try to reinstall MySQLDirect .NET.

Bobby

VS2005 data source error

Post by Bobby » Tue 30 Oct 2007 20:10

Using VS2005 pro, MySQLDirect .NET Data Provider Pro v4.0, MySql Server 4.1 and the VS data source wizard, I get the following error when trying to create a ne data source:

"An error occured creating the new data source:
Could not get type information for "MyFirstApp"

Any help appreciated,
Bobby

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 31 Oct 2007 08:37

Do you create SqlDataSource or MySqlDataSource?
What is "MyFirstApp"?
Where exactly does the error occurs? How to reproduce it?

Bartman

Post by Bartman » Thu 03 Sep 2009 15:35

Alexey wrote:Please ensure that there is appropriate record about our provider in the DbProviderFactories section of your machine.config file.
Try to reinstall MySQLDirect .NET.
Hi Alexey

I also get this issue : "Failed to find or load the registered .Net Framework Data Provider"...

To help your investigation :
1/ Where is located the machine.config file you're talking about ?
2/ Looking for DataSet1.xsd file, I don't find "DeleteCommand" and "InsertCommand" sections...
3/ but fin SelectCommand section...

Regards.
--
My configuration :
  • System : Windows Vista SP2
    Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Version 8.0.50727.867 (vsvista.050727-8600)
    Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727 SP2
    Professional
    Microsoft Visual C# 2005 77915-009-0000007-41756
    Devart dbForge Fusion for MySQL, Professional v3.50.327
    Trial version: 0 of 30 days left.
    Devart dotConnect for MySQL 5.40.39.0
    Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional - Français Service Pack 1 (KB926607)
    Security Update pour Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional - Français
    (KB937061)
    (KB947738)
    (KB971090)
    (KB973673)
    Update pour Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional - Français
    (KB932233)

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 03 Sep 2009 16:14

1. Here is a location of the mentioned file:
\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\machine.config.
There should be the entry:

Code: Select all

2. You can create the DeleteCommand and InsertCommand sections manually or via our DataSet Wizard (the Tools | MySQL | DataSet Wizard menu of Visual Studio): on the Setup individual data tables step press the Configure commands button, and in the Table Adapter Editor go to the Command Generator tab - this will allow you to generate the update commands automatically.
Please refer to http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql/docs/ , the Database Application Development Concepts section, the Using DataSet Wizard part, Step 3.

Bartman

Post by Bartman » Thu 03 Sep 2009 16:48

Shalex wrote:1. Here is a location of the mentioned file:
\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\machine.config.
There should be the entry [...]
2. You can create the DeleteCommand and InsertCommand sections manually or via our DataSet Wizard (the Tools | MySQL | DataSet Wizard menu of Visual Studio): on the Setup individual data tables step press the Configure commands button, and in the Table Adapter Editor go to the Command Generator tab - this will allow you to generate the update commands automatically.
Please refer to http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql/docs/ , the Database Application Development Concepts section, the Using DataSet Wizard part, Step 3.
Hi.
1. Here is what I've found in DbProviderFactories :

I just don't see the

information...

2/ InsertCommand & DeleteCommand
Precisely :
dotConnect has been installed on 2 PCs (to go further my trial issues)...

On the 2 PC :
  • I've created a new project including a new DataSet, and dragged-and-dropped from the Data Explorer 1 table.
    Then save all files...
1st PC : issue "Failed to find.... Data Provider" (PC1 = Vista + VS2005...)
2nd PC : no issue (PC2 = XP + VS2005...)

Comparison of the 2 projects (PC1 versus PC2) gives the difference in InsertCommand and DeleteCommand.

Trying your "DataSet Wizard" method , it seems to work (rapid tests)...

Actually, DataSet drag and drop method do no work everytime...

Regards.
Alain.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 04 Sep 2009 08:56

1. Your entry in machine.config is correct.
The record is used in application's *.config file to override the global (machine.config) settings. For more information, please refer to http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql/ ... yment.html .

2. Please make sure that your PC1 (Vista + VS2005) has the mentioned provider registration in its machine.config. If it exists, please send us a call stack when this error appears.

To obtain the call stack, connect from one Visual Studio (Debug | Attach to Proccess) to the process of another Visual Studio (the one where the error arises). Before attaching don't forget to make these settings in VS that you are using to debug another one: a) in the (Debug | Exceptions) window check Common Language Runtime Exceptions; b) in the (Tools | Options) window, Debugging | General - uncheck Enable Just My Code (Managed Only).

Bartman

Post by Bartman » Fri 04 Sep 2009 12:45

Shalex wrote:
2. Please make sure that your PC1 (Vista + VS2005) has the mentioned provider registration in its machine.config. If it exists, please send us a call stack when this error appears.
To obtain the call stack, connect from one Visual Studio (Debug | Attach to Proccess) to the process of another Visual Studio (the one where the error arises). Before attaching don't forget to make these settings in VS that you are using to debug another one: a) in the (Debug | Exceptions) window check Common Language Runtime Exceptions; b) in the (Tools | Options) window, Debugging | General - uncheck Enable Just My Code (Managed Only).
Hi Alex...
The PC1 (Vista + VS2005) machine.config file is the one I've already tested. So, it's correct.

Call stack : I do not understand the all manipulations you want me to do.
What application should be "debugged" on the 1st Visual Studio (the debugging one) ? I do have to set almost one project to debug...

Regards.
Alain.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 04 Sep 2009 16:33

What application should be "debugged" on the 1st Visual Studio (the debugging one)?
Just open any projest in the 1st Visual Studio, drag&drop a table from Server Explorer to DataSet Designer to make the error to arise. As a result, the 2nd Visual Studio you use to debug the 1st one will contain a call stack we need.

Bartman

Post by Bartman » Sat 05 Sep 2009 17:01

Shalex wrote:
What application should be "debugged" on the 1st Visual Studio (the debugging one)?
Just open any projest in the 1st Visual Studio, drag&drop a table from Server Explorer to DataSet Designer to make the error to arise. As a result, the 2nd Visual Studio you use to debug the 1st one will contain a call stack we need.
Hi Alex
This doesn't work... Here's what I've done :

1/ Launched 2 instance VS2005.
2/ Modified Options as asked... Actually, I've checked all in Exception/Option dialog box... This has been done into the 2 instance of VS...
3/ First VS : Attaching Process of second VS (devenv.exe)
4/ Show stack into First VS.
5/ Second VS : creating new project, add dataset

Result : Error message window appear on 2nd instance of VS2005.
Nothing happens into first VS.

I also tried with one basic Windows Project into first VS. Same result.

What do I do wrong ?

Regards.
Alain

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 07 Sep 2009 05:45

Please check Common Language Runtime Exceptions and uncheck Enable Just My Code (Managed Only) in the Exception/Option dialog boxes in your first instance of Visual Studio, because the first instance will debug the second instance where the error arises.

Bartman

Post by Bartman » Mon 07 Sep 2009 07:46

Shalex wrote:Please check Common Language Runtime Exceptions and uncheck Enable Just My Code (Managed Only) in the Exception/Option dialog boxes in your first instance of Visual Studio, because the first instance will debug the second instance where the error arises.
Alex...
That's what I've done. Actually, I've done this check/uncheck into the 2 instances of VS.
Alain.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 07 Sep 2009 10:33

Could you please check the connection you are using in your Server Explorer? This error may happen when using the connnection that was created with the provider which is unavailable at the moment (uninstalled/damaged). Please try to remove all connections from your Server Explorer and add the new one with dotConnect for PostgreSQL. Does it resolve the issue?

Bartman

Post by Bartman » Mon 07 Sep 2009 10:44

Shalex wrote:Could you please check the connection you are using in your Server Explorer? This error may happen when using the connnection that was created with the provider which is unavailable at the moment (uninstalled/damaged). Please try to remove all connections from your Server Explorer and add the new one with dotConnect for PostgreSQL. Does it resolve the issue?
I think, you meant "dotConnect for MySQL"... ?
This has already been done (according with other topic), unsucessfully...

For information, I've had install and uninstall the old release of dotConnect...

Regards.