Problem with Visual Studio 2005

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
Bobby

Problem with Visual Studio 2005

Post by Bobby » Wed 01 Aug 2007 16:11

I down loaded the trial version of MySqlDirect.NET2. It was just what I was looking for. I followed the removal of the trial version procedures as stated in the FAQ.
I purchased a registered version of the product. When I installed the registered version, I was never asked to enter my "license key". I found this to be odd.
When I try to create a solution/project in Visual Studio 2005 using MySqlDirect.NET2 I get the following message: "Cannot use trial version on a system where a registered version was installed".

Any help appreciated,
Bobby

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 01 Aug 2007 16:33

Are you sure you have completely removed trial version from your PC?
Try to reinstall MySQLDirect .NET one more time:
  • Stop Windows Installer service;
  • Delete key in the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products that corresponds to MySQLDirect .NET;
  • Delete key in the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Assemblies that corresponds to CoreLab.MySql.dll;
  • Remove all CoreLab.* assemblies from GAC and from "%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\CoreLab\Data Providers\" folder;
  • Stop IIS service if you install Web demos virtual directories;
  • Remove \Program Files\CoreLab\MySQLDirect.NET folder.
After that install MySQLDirect .NET again.
If the problem persists, create small application with one MySqlConnection component and send me all source files and compiled binaries. Use e-mail address provided in the Readme file.

Bobby

Help with the GAC

Post by Bobby » Wed 01 Aug 2007 21:58

I'm not familiar with the GAC (Global Assembly Cache?).
How do I access the GAC to check for CoreLab files?

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Thu 02 Aug 2007 06:48

It is here:
%WINDOWS%\assembly\GAC_MSIL\