What Causes Your MySQLDirect.net Dataset to Disappear

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
NorthOfTheCity

What Causes Your MySQLDirect.net Dataset to Disappear

Post by NorthOfTheCity » Tue 31 Jul 2007 19:52

I have the most basic setup imagineable: A form with a bunch of textboxes connected through MS's binding source to your dataset (as opposed to MS dataset). For the most part, it works OK. But every time I make a change to the table adaptors in your dataset, it completely disappears from the form's view. The dataset still exists, but the form doesn't recognize it anymore. It acts exactly as if I actually deleted the dataset, but of course I did not. I have to delete and then completely rebuild the dataset each time this happens.

This has happened 5 times now and frankly, I don't have time to keep recreating datasets. I can change an MS dataset all day long with no problem.

So, what is up with this...?

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 01 Aug 2007 07:18

How do you modify your dataset? Using wizard or designer? Call wizard from menu or from DataSet Manager? Do you have the form opened while modifying?
What are the versions of your Visual Studio and MySQLDirect .NET?

NorthOfTheCity

Post by NorthOfTheCity » Wed 01 Aug 2007 20:06

I modify the dataset using designer and I call the wizard from the menu. The form was open at the time of dataset edits. I would then either get the hated screen of death going back into the form designer or get errors on a build. Once I remove references to the dataset, the build will go.
The changes to the dataset usually involve adding queries to a table adapter.

I am using v 4.0.9.0 pro with VS2005

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Thu 02 Aug 2007 15:52

We are investigating this carefully. You will be notified on results as soon as possible.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Thu 16 Aug 2007 10:01

Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce the problem. Try to use the latest version of MySQLDirect .NET.