MySQLDirect.NET2 Mobile - URGENT - License Not Found

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
patinunes

MySQLDirect.NET2 Mobile - URGENT - License Not Found

Post by patinunes » Wed 04 Jul 2007 00:25

Please, I have to solve this quickly...

I've downloaded MySQLDirect.NET2 Mobile and instaled succesfully on Windows XP SP2 and VS2005.
I'm trying to build and run Dataset sample.
Everything was ok, but when I'm trying to connect to my remote MySQL database (Test Connection works, so I know the connection string is ok) I got this exception below:

"An unhandled exception of type 'CoreLab.MySql.MySqlException' occurred in DataSet.exe

Additional information: License not found. Please view "Licensing" topic in MySQLDirect .NET documentation for details or contact Core Lab technical support."

I followed the instruction in "Licensing" topic of Core Lab Documentation exactly as described:
I created the licenses.licx file;
Added "CoreLab.MySql.MySqlConnection, CoreLab.MySql" string in it;
Add it to the project...
when I rebuild, it seems like VS2005 is compiling the license correctly:

"C:\Arquivos de programas\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\bin\LC.exe /target:DataSet.exe /complist:licenses.licx /outdir:obj\Debug\ /i:"c:\Arquivos de programas\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\WindowsCE\CoreLab.MySql.dll" /i:"c:\Arquivos de programas\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\WindowsCE\mscorlib.dll" /i:"c:\Arquivos de programas\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\WindowsCE\System.Data.dll" /i:"c:\Arquivos de programas\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\WindowsCE\System.dll" /i:"c:\Arquivos de programas\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\WindowsCE\System.Drawing.dll" /i:"c:\Arquivos de programas\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\WindowsCE\System.Windows.Forms.DataGrid.dll" /i:"c:\Arquivos de programas\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\WindowsCE\System.Windows.Forms.dll" /i:"c:\Arquivos de programas\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\WindowsCE\System.Xml.dll"
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Csc.exe /noconfig /nowarn:1701,1702 /nostdlib+ /errorreport:prompt /warn:4 /define:DEBUG;TRACE;PocketPC /win32res:"c:\Arquivos de programas\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\bin\hiDPI.res" /reference:"c:\Arquivos de programas\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\WindowsCE\CoreLab.MySql.dll" /reference:"c:\Arquivos de programas\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\WindowsCE\mscorlib.dll" /reference:"c:\Arquivos de programas\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\WindowsCE\System.Data.dll" /reference:"c:\Arquivos de programas\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\WindowsCE\System.dll" /reference:"c:\Arquivos de programas\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\WindowsCE\System.Drawing.dll" /reference:"c:\Arquivos de programas\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\WindowsCE\System.Windows.Forms.DataGrid.dll" /reference:"c:\Arquivos de programas\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\WindowsCE\System.Windows.Forms.dll" /reference:"c:\Arquivos de programas\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\WindowsCE\System.Xml.dll" /debug+ /debug:full /filealign:512 /optimize- /out:obj\Debug\DataSet.exe /resource:obj\Debug\DataSet.MainForm.resources /resource:obj\Debug\DataSet.exe.licenses /target:winexe ..\..\Common\CS\ConnectForm.cs AssemblyInfo.cs MainForm.cs"

But when I run I got the same exception in line :
try {
Cursor.Current = Cursors.WaitCursor;
===>>> connection.Open();
...}

I'm using an HP iPaq wm5.0 device... But with the emulator and in PPC platform the error was exactly the same.

What should I do? Please help me...
If there any information you need to know, just ask me...

I'm trying to approve this technology, but I have just one day to get this sample working...

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 04 Jul 2007 08:52

What is the full version of MySQLDirect .NET Mobile you use?
Try to create a fresh application with one MySqlConnection component and mySqlConnection1.Open(); string. If the problem persists, send me all source files and compiled binaries so we could investigate the problem detailed.
Use e-mail address provided in the Readme file.

P.S. I've removed same posts in other threads. Let's resolve this problem here.

patinunes

Post by patinunes » Wed 04 Jul 2007 12:27

Thanks, Alexei!
I'll do it...
But, is there any problem with the Dataset sample?

patinunes

Post by patinunes » Wed 04 Jul 2007 12:37

By the way, I've downloaded this version from the link below:
MySQLDirect .NET Mobile Data Provider
MySQLDirect .NET Mobile version 4.20 Beta for .NET CF 2.0 [size 2466 Kb]
http://www.crlab.com/mysqlnet/mysqlnetmob420b2.exe

Some doubts:
-Is there anything that needs to be installed on MySQL Server?
-Is there anything else, besides the CF2.0, CoreLab.MySql.dll, and the exe itself, that needs to be deployed to the device?

PS: Sorry: Alexey, not Alexei... :)

patinunes

Email sent!

Post by patinunes » Wed 04 Jul 2007 16:46

Hi, Alexey!

I sent you everything by email... please reply asap...

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Thu 05 Jul 2007 06:59

I sent you everything by email
I'll take a look and then answer all your questions.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Thu 05 Jul 2007 08:40

Dear Patricia,
I asked you to create a fresh application. But you sent me our samples.
Once again: please create completely new project with one MySqlConnection component (fill it up with appropriate connection string arguments), add one code line to the Load event:

Code: Select all

mySqlConnection1.Open(); 
Compile and send me all source files and compiled binaries.
Hopefully, this was clear.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Fri 06 Jul 2007 10:04

We also encountered some problems with licensing.
Now we are investigating them.
I'll let you know our progress as soon as possible.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 01 Aug 2007 07:10

Licensing problems are fixed in the latest version.
Check it out.