sqlDataSource Advanced SQL Generation Options

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
Robeco

sqlDataSource Advanced SQL Generation Options

Post by Robeco » Thu 28 Jun 2007 15:38

Note: I am using the trial version of MySQLDirect in Visual Web Developer 2005 Express.

When using the sqlDataSource wizard to configure the data source I came across these problems:

1. The generated Select SQL statement has square brackets delimiting the column names. One can remove these in the source code later but this does hamper the pure visual method of working. I note from an earlier post this is a known feature and I wonder if any progress is being made to work round this MS-SQL oriented feature of VWB/VS?

2. The features to generate INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE statements in the Advanced SQL Generation Options are disabled. Is this a feature of working in VS Express 2005, an error in my methods or a general feature of MySQLDirect?

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Mon 02 Jul 2007 08:40

1. The generated Select SQL statement has square brackets delimiting the column names. One can remove these in the source code later but this does hamper the pure visual method of working. I note from an earlier post this is a known feature and I wonder if any progress is being made to work round this MS-SQL oriented feature of VWB/VS?
Use MySqlDataSource component from CoreLab.MySql.Web.dll assembly.
2. The features to generate INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE statements in the Advanced SQL Generation Options are disabled. Is this a feature of working in VS Express 2005, an error in my methods or a general feature of MySQLDirect?
Seemingly your table doen't have a primary key. If so, those advanced options are not applicable.