Deployment problem

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for MySQL in Delphi and C++Builder
usuallyconfused

Deployment problem

Post by usuallyconfused » Fri 07 Oct 2016 11:57

I have moved a D7 application, which has run fine for some while, to a new 64 bit PC which is running the latest version of MySQL. I have also bought the latest version of the dbExpress driver (6.8.11.0) but otherwise it is the same setup as I used previously. However, I am now getting an error message 'unable to find procedure getSQLDriverMySQLDirect'.

The SQLConnection is using 'LoadParamsOnConnect' is true.

The folder that the application is in also has the dbexpmda.dll, dbxconnections.ini and dbxdrivers.ini files. The dbxconnections.ini file includes 'DriverName=DevartMySQLDirect' and the dbxdrivers.ini file includes 'GetDriverFunc=getSQLDriverMYSQLDirect' and 'LibraryName=dbexpmda.dll'.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

usuallyconfused

Re: Deployment problem

Post by usuallyconfused » Fri 07 Oct 2016 12:33

I have just done some simple test programs but to check the SQLConnection, and while using LoadParamsOnConnect=true still doesn't work, if I use LoadParamsOnConnect=false, then it does work. There is clearly something wrong with my ini files. Will keep looking.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: Deployment problem

Post by ViktorV » Fri 07 Oct 2016 12:55

Unfortunately, we could not reproduce the issue.
Please check whether the problem is reproduced on our Query demo project. You can find the demo project in the You can find the demo project in the %DBXMySQLDemos%\Win32\Query directory, where %DBXMySQLDemos% is the dbExpress driver for MySQL Demo projects installation path on your computer.