dbx driver for max osx error: "Unknow driver: DevartMySQL Direct" with libdbexpmda40.dylib

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for MySQL in Delphi and C++Builder
datafile_eric

dbx driver for max osx error: "Unknow driver: DevartMySQL Direct" with libdbexpmda40.dylib

Post by datafile_eric » Fri 08 Jun 2012 12:11

Anyone using dbexpress driver for mysql with Mac OS X?
got a error message "Unknow driver: DevartMySQL Direct"

I called Direct Method, as below, which works fine for windows(with different libraryname)
SQLConnection.DriverName := 'DevartMySQL Direct';
SQLConnection.LibraryName := 'libdbexpmda40.dylib';

any idea what is wrong with it? or any working example code

Eric

AndreyZ

Re: dbx driver for max osx error: "Unknow driver: DevartMySQL Direct" with libdbexpmda40.dylib

Post by AndreyZ » Mon 11 Jun 2012 08:43

Hello,

The point is that you set the incorrect driver name. To solve the problem, you should set the DriverName property to 'DevartMySQLDirect' (without spaces) instead of 'DevartMySQL Direct'.

datafile_eric

Re: dbx driver for max osx error: "Unknow driver: DevartMySQL Direct" with libdbexpmda40.dylib

Post by datafile_eric » Mon 11 Jun 2012 10:21

I have tried DevartMySQLDirect without space, then the error message become "Unknow driver: DevartMySQLDirect"

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Mon 11 Jun 2012 13:56

To solve the problem, you should add the DbxDevartMySql unit to the USES clause of your unit.

datafile_eric

Post by datafile_eric » Mon 11 Jun 2012 15:57

I tried include the unit in Devart\Dbx\MySql\Delphi16\OSX32\DbxDevartMySql.dcu as below,
DbxDevartMySql in ".\dcu\OSX32\DbxDevartMySql.dcu";

now it will not compile, [DCC Fatal Error] : F2051 Unit DbxDevartMySql was compiled with a different version of Data.DBXCommon.TDBXDriverDef

I am using "Embarcadero® Delphi® XE2 Version 16.0.4276.44006"

Eric

datafile_eric

Post by datafile_eric » Mon 11 Jun 2012 16:50

also tried include
Devart\Dbx\MySql\Source\DbxDevartMySql.pas

got the same error message,if I remove it from the unit list, it will compile and works for windows only.

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Tue 12 Jun 2012 07:39

The point is that the latest dbExpress driver for MySQL version 5.1.3 requires Update 4 for RAD Studio XE2 (16.0.4429.46931). You can find a note about this in the dbExpress driver for MySQL revision history (the History.html file) and at our website at http://www.devart.com/dbx/mysql/compatibility.html . To solve the problem, you should install RAD Studio XE2 Update 4.