New installation problem

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for SQL Server in Delphi and C++Builder
wdwhitaker

New installation problem

Post by wdwhitaker » Sun 06 May 2012 03:13

I just installed Delphi 2009 on a new laptop and transferred all my development projects over. After installing all my components, I tried compiling. I am getting the following errors concerning DBXDevartSQLServer component.

1) Project 1 - requires me to place the \source folder for Devart\DBXsda\ in the library path for it to successfully compile. Otherwise, it gives me error message : Could not compile used unit DBXDevartSQLServer.pas. Once I do place the path in the library path, it compiles
2) Project 2 - with library path set as in #1, it gives me the following error: could not create output file C:\PF(86)\Devart\DBXSda\Source\DBXDevartSQLServer.pas

My other computer compiles all projects without any such path in the library path. Why does it seem to want to recompile the DBXDevartSQLServer.pas file. That shouldn't be the case. The only difference between the two computers is that Computer #1 runs on Vista and the laptop runs on Windows 7.

Your assistance would be much appreciated.

AndreyZ

Re: New installation problem

Post by AndreyZ » Mon 07 May 2012 10:28

Hello,

1. Such problem can occur if you are using a different version of Delphi 2009 (for example, different updates) than the one we use. In this case, you should recompile the DBXDevartSQLServer.pas unit to obtain the DBXDevartSQLServer.dcu unit appropriate for your version of Delphi 2009.
2. This problem may occur if you don't have enough rights to create the DBXDevartSQLServer.dcu unit in the directory where dbExpress driver for SQL Server is installed. Please make sure you have the rights to create files in the 'C:\PF(86)\Devart\DBXSda\Source\' directory.

hidrautorque

Post by hidrautorque » Thu 11 Aug 2016 11:24

Hi,

I'm having the same problem.
I'm using Delphi XE and the installer created the dcu files for Delphi15 only. I don't have the source to compile again, what do I do?

PS: Checked for duplicated DBXDevartSQLServer.dcu files on path directories and there are none.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Thu 11 Aug 2016 11:49

The described above issue and solution for it concern dbExpress Driver for SQL Server Standard Edition with source code. When using the dbExpress Driver for SQL Server installer, dcu files will be created for Delphi versions installed on your computer. For RAD Studio XE the required dcu files will be created in the Delphi15 folder. Please describe the issue in more details to get a more detailed answer.

hidrautorque

Post by hidrautorque » Fri 12 Aug 2016 14:51

How can I check if the DCU generated is right?

EDIT: Just checked and DCU is right :/

Error is: "Could not compile used unit DBXDevartSQLServer.pas"

My library path has:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\Dbx\SqlServer\Lib\Delphi15;C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\Dbx\SqlServer\Source;C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\Dbx\SqlServer\Source\Delphi15

PS: I have Delphi 7 and Delphi XE on the same machine and have folders for both of then in Devart directory.

hidrautorque

Post by hidrautorque » Mon 15 Aug 2016 14:46

Any more ideas? We cannot compile yet.

What kind of details do you need?

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Tue 16 Aug 2016 08:03

This error occurs when the path specified in Library Path in RAD Studio XE contains an older DBXDevartSQLServer.dcu.
Please make sure there is no DBXDevartSQLServer.dcu in all paths specified in Library Path in RAD Studio XE, except the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\Dbx\SqlServer\Lib\Delphi15.