A question about the connection admin

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
jahp78

A question about the connection admin

Post by jahp78 » Tue 12 Apr 2005 00:25

Hello, I have near 30 applications web functioning on a same place of Internet on virtual folders, Which would be the best form of utilizing the provider to connect those places, serious good to activate the pool of connections, which serious the best
form of configuring the pool

Thanks and greetings

Oleg
Devart Team

Post by Oleg » Tue 12 Apr 2005 14:44

In order to use connection pool you have to open connections with same ConnectionString property. You can read about setting up a connection pool here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us ... ctions.asp

jahp78

Hi

Post by jahp78 » Tue 12 Apr 2005 15:55

Then the oraDirect functions in the same way. Net that the. NET Framework Dates Provider for Oracle provider, another question, I have the trial version of oraDirect. Net and I have installed the DBMonitor, but me nothing shows already enter these lines in my code

OracleMonitor obMonitor = new OracleMonitor ();
obMonitor. IsActive = true;

That but I can do??

Tks..

Oleg
Devart Team

Post by Oleg » Wed 13 Apr 2005 11:37

These lines of code are quite enough for Windows Forms application. However, to use it with Web application you have to read the article "Using DBMonitor" in our documentation.

jahp78

DBMonitor

Post by jahp78 » Wed 13 Apr 2005 14:59

Hi, where can I find the article "Using DBMonitor" in your documentation??
tks..

Oleg
Devart Team

Post by Oleg » Thu 14 Apr 2005 09:22

You can find the documentation in Visual Studio by choosing "Contents" from "Help" menu.
Another way to access it is through Start menu. Click on shortcut Start Menu\Programs\Core Lab OraDeveloper Studio\OraDeveloper Studio Documentation In table of contents navigate to "Using" section. The following information may appear useful to you:

Using DBMonitor with ASP.NET projects
To trace your ASP.NET applications you must perform some additional steps. As ASP.NET application by default is started under ASP.NET Windows account it can not share information that DBMonitor uses with the account where DBMonitor is running. Therefore you need to follow the next steps:
  • Start ASP.NET with the same Windows account where DBMonitor runs.
  • Open machine.config file from WindowsDir\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.xxx\config\machine.config.
  • Find tag.
  • Change userName attribute value to your Windows account name and password to your account password.
  • Setup ASP.NET service in order that it has access to current user Desktop services. To do it open Service Control Manager and find IIS Admin service. Open its properties dialog.
  • Go to Log On tab and check 'Allow service to interact with desktop' checkbox.
  • Restart IIS.

jahp78

ORA-03114

Post by jahp78 » Thu 14 Apr 2005 19:45

Thank you by he information . I have another question
When the comunnication channel is broken i get the next mistake
Error: ORA-03114:
not connected to ORACLE

If continuous carrying out querys always I get this mistake .

When I restart IIS Server , or when I do not execute the consultation by a time the mistake disappears

But I need a form to eliminate the conexion that has broken himself so that disappear the error, like I can do that??

Thank you