MinRequiredPasswordLength & minRequiredNonAlphanumericCharacters, very urgen

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
afma

MinRequiredPasswordLength & minRequiredNonAlphanumericCharacters, very urgen

Post by afma » Sun 29 Apr 2007 02:43

Dear support,

I just across an issue with specifying the following parameters in the Web config file or programmatically and it seems they have a problem, if I am not wrong.

1) If you add those two paramters to the Web config, then when creating a user programmtically, it complains about Unrecognized attribute: minRequiredNonAlphanumericCharacters

2) If I specify those attributes programmtically, then it says those are read only attributes which they not supposed to read only.

Your urgency is appreciated, as we are in the process of deploying our business web site.

Please can you check and fix.

Thanks

afma

Post by afma » Sun 29 Apr 2007 02:58

I managed to get it to work from the Web config, but is it supposed to be readonly when setting these values programmatically.

No urgency please.

Thanks

Paul

Post by Paul » Thu 03 May 2007 10:21

Please check the spelling of minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters parameter in web.config.

Code: Select all

MinRequiredPasswordLength property of System.Web.Security.MembershipProvider is defined at the base level. Introducing a writeable property does not agree with MembershipProvider concepts.