CoreLab OraDirect .NET Data Provider not available on .NET2

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
labate

CoreLab OraDirect .NET Data Provider not available on .NET2

Post by labate » Thu 19 Apr 2007 15:45

Hi,

I have the last version of OraDirect installed.
I'm using the Web Services Software Factory and I create a connection for the host. To enter the connection string, I click a button that displays the "Choose Data Source" dialog.

On this dialog, I choose "Oracle Database" as data source. Then in the data provider drop down list, there is only ".NET Framework Data Provider for Oracle" that is the default Oracle provider provided by Microsoft.

I expected to see also "CoreLab OraDirect .NET Data Provider" but it isn't displayed there.

I checked my machine.config, and it seems that it is correct with the CoreLab provider listed in the DbProviderFactories element as :
Could you tell me how to have the CoreLab provider listed in the Oracle provider list?

Thanks.
Adriano

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Fri 20 Apr 2007 07:56

What providers are available for Oracle database at all?
Try to search our provider in the list of items.
Do you have information about our provider in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\8.0\DataProviders ?
Did you have any problem during installation?

labate

Post by labate » Mon 23 Apr 2007 07:40

Hi Alexey,

Thank you from your answer.

>> What providers are available for Oracle database at all?
In the "Choose Data Source" dialog, in the data provider drop down list, there is only 1 item, it is ".NET Framework Data Provider for Oracle".
When I choose it and then test my connection, a message tells me that I need to install the Oracle client.

>> Try to search our provider in the list of items.
I didn't found any tag in the machine.config file. I sent to oranet-at-crlab-dot-com my machine.config file, so you can look by yourself.

>> Do you have information about our provider in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\8.0\DataProviders?

Yes. I have several providers where two of them relate to Oracle.
I sent to oranet-at-crlab-dot-com two extracts from my registry concerning these Oracle providers.

What I noted is that these two providers have a identical default string value of ".NET Framework Data Provider for Oracle". The first one is from CoreLab, the second one from Microsoft.

>> Did you have any problem during installation?
No. I even uninstalled the previous version and upgraded to the very last version. I didn't have any problem during reinstallation.

Best regards,
Adriano

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Mon 23 Apr 2007 09:00

I didn't found any tag in the machine.config file.
item should be in the "Choose Data Source" dialog (the last item). Please look carefully.