Problems with data types

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
jahp78

Problems with data types

Post by jahp78 » Sat 02 Apr 2005 02:07

:(
Hello , I have the next problem when I execute the fill on the DataAdapter
I get the next mistake .The parameter's name that i add aren't the sames that be on the Store Procedure , I always set ParameterName to '1' , Also i need to known which is the DBType that i have to use for replace the type Decimal and VarChar2 because on CoreLab.Oracle.OracleDbType they aren't.

Thank you

ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number||
at a.c.q.a(Int32 A_0)
at CoreLab.Oracle.OracleConnection.a(Int32 A_0)
at CoreLab.Oracle.OracleCommand.a(Int32 A_0)
at CoreLab.Oracle.OracleCommand.a(CommandBehavior A_0, IDisposable A_1, Int32 A_2, Int32 A_3)
at CoreLab.Common.DbCommandBase.b(CommandBehavior A_0)
at CoreLab.Common.DbCommand.a(CommandBehavior A_0)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand(Object data, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet)
at StoreProc.clsOracle.FillDataSet()||

Paul

Post by Paul » Mon 04 Apr 2005 08:40

Please look at your script with stored proc call. Find all parameters (the names of
parameters are started from ':' character)
Please check that you added all of them to OracleCommand.Parameters collection. You
must specify OracleParameter.Name of each parameter as they were mentioned after ':'
character (without ':').

Oracle VARCHAR corresponds to OracleDbType.VarChar. You can assign 'string' values
here.
Oracle NUMBER corresponds to OracleDbType.Number. You can assign 'Decimal' values
here.