NETNetworkErrorA socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
slim00

NETNetworkErrorA socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host

Post by slim00 » Tue 20 Feb 2007 23:57

I'm working on the development of a PDA application running Windows Mobile 5.0 which requires a connection to an Oracle database. I downloaded the trial of OraDirect .NET Mobile and am having trouble connecting to the database when the Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC emulator runs. I'm running Visual Studio .NET 2005 and programming using Visual Basic.

I have added an OracleConnection component to my form and have setup the connection string for it. Before running the emulator, if I test the connection from the component I receive a "Successfully connected" and the "State" property changes to "Open". To make sure it wasn't my app, I tried running the DataReader sample app and receive the exact same error message after running the emulator, "NETNetworkErrorA socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host".

I've searched all over and have not been able to find a solution. Because I'm able to connect to the database before running the emulator, I'm assuming there is a problem within the emulator. Can someone please point me in the right direction as to fixing this problem??? Thanks in advance!

James

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 21 Feb 2007 07:06

Please specify your connection string.

slim00

Post by slim00 » Wed 21 Feb 2007 15:49

Here is whats inside the OracleConnection component connection string:

user id=username;server=ip address;unicode=False;pooling=False;sid=sidname;persist security info=True

I have also tried the following:

User ID=username;Password=password;Host=ip address;Pooling=true;Min Pool Size=0;Max Pool Size=100;Connection Lifetime=0;

and also:

User Id=username;Password=password;Server=ip address;Sid=sidname;Persist Security Info=True;

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Fri 23 Feb 2007 07:20

You should set Direct=true and Port attributes in your connection string as well.