Enterprise Library 2.0 with OraDirect

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
newtonwong

Enterprise Library 2.0 with OraDirect

Post by newtonwong » Tue 24 Oct 2006 20:15

I am trying to implement OraDirect into Enterpirse Library 2.0. I followed the Documentation and Sample but I get this error when trying to create the database.

System.ArgumentException was unhandled by user code
Message="The type 'CoreLab.Oracle.EnterpriseLibrary.OracleDatabase, \r\n CoreLab.Oracle.EnterpriseLibrary' cannot be resolved. Please verify the spelling is correct or that the full type name is provided."
Source="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common"
StackTrace:
at Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.Configuration.AssemblyQualifiedTypeNameConverter.ConvertFrom(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, Object value)
at System.ComponentModel.TypeConverter.ConvertFromInvariantString(String text)
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationProperty.ConvertFromString(String value)

I think I am doing the integration correctly from the documentation:
1. Modify the App.Config file to refer to OraDirect as the dataprovider
2. Refernce CoreLab.Oracle.EnterpriseLibrary, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data and Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common and using the Ent.Data
3. I try to create a database Database db = DatabaseFactory.CreateDatabase() , I get the above error. Any suggestions?

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 25 Oct 2006 08:58

We can't reproduce any error. Please send us small test project to reproduce the problem. Do not use third party components.