OraDirect choosing wrong ORACLE_HOME

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
cstephen

OraDirect choosing wrong ORACLE_HOME

Post by cstephen » Tue 19 Sep 2006 04:17

Hi,

It seems this 'error' has cropped up for a few users but there doesn't seem to be a resolution yet. I currently have the problem that I've installed Oracle 10gR2 database, and then installed HTMLDB (which installed the HTTP server in a separate home as it's supposed to). OraDirect (when I select Properties for the OracleConnection inside Visual Studio) is telling me that the default home is HTTP and not the database.

I have the ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID environment variables set correctly. I have looked in the registry and the default home is set correctly.

Where is OraDirect getting the information about the (wrong) ORACLE_HOME from? And how do I tell it what the corect home is?

Thanks,

Cameron

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 19 Sep 2006 06:47

OraDirect is getting the information about the ORACLE_HOME from the Path environment variable. Which home is the first there that one would be the default. You may determine the home manually by setting Home parameter of the connection string.