MembershipUser Properties Retrieval Problem

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
afma

MembershipUser Properties Retrieval Problem

Post by afma » Wed 13 Sep 2006 01:53

While trying to call GetUser which returns a MembershipUser object, I found the following properties are missing from the returned object:

1) CreationDate was null (while there was a valid date in oracle).
2) PasswordQuestion was null
3) ProviderName was null
4) ProviderUserKey was null
5) UserName was null

Guys you can just call the Membership API GetUser and check the return properties without sending you any sample.

Hope this can be fixed soon.

Thanks

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 13 Sep 2006 11:46

Executing the following command

Code: Select all

MembershipUser user = Membership.GetUser("test");
returns all the fields mentioned by you (provided user "test" exists in the database).

afma

Post by afma » Wed 13 Sep 2006 11:58

Your are line of code is what I have been trying to get working, but its not working.

Please try to create an example to retrieve this API (GetUser) and check the properties retrieved.

By the way, the retrieved MembershipUser was in fact returning few properties but not the ones mentioned above.

Thanks

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 13 Sep 2006 12:50

I had created an example before i made a post. All the properties are retrieved correctly.

afma

Post by afma » Tue 19 Sep 2006 04:49

Dear Alexey,

I apologise for my topic, OraDirect is working perfectly but the problem was different which I will explain below:

I create a Web service which exposes the GetUser function that returns the MembershipUser object.
On my client which is a Windows Forms client, I was getting the MembershipUser object with the properties listed im my topic above are missing.

But after further investigation, I found that any read only property does not get xml serialised and that's why I was getting null values. Therefore, I created a new local MembershipUser with set/get properties and its working fine. Definetly the serialisation problem was not your problem but its the nature of the serialisation process.

My apology again.

Thanks for your interest in getting this issue solved as soos as possible.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 19 Sep 2006 08:20

Yes, you are right. I've just checked this.