New to OraDirect

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
scott.pedersen

New to OraDirect

Post by scott.pedersen » Tue 06 Jun 2006 03:31

Hi,

I have been looking through the samples that are supplied with OraDirect and have noticed that most, if not all of them contain all the source code in the main file.

I was wondering can the code that is generated in by OraDirect be moved to different class files if needed?

Also does OraDirect integrate into the data driven components like a combo box, or does code have to be manually written to achieve this?

I noticed that it was manually written in one of the samples.

Cheers,

Scott.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 06 Jun 2006 07:40

Code: Select all

can the code that is generated in by OraDirect be moved to different class files if needed?
Any code can be moved anywhere, including, of course, to different class files.

Code: Select all

does OraDirect integrate into the data driven components like a combo box, or does code have to be manually written to achieve this?
Please specify. If your are talking about data binding, refer to MSDN for more information.

scott.pedersen

Post by scott.pedersen » Tue 06 Jun 2006 20:51

Hi Alexey,

What I was trying to say is with OraDirect if you need to bind a dataadapter, dataset to a .NET component (ComboBox) does this need to be done manually or can a wizard be used?

Cheers,

Scott.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 07 Jun 2006 06:34

To create a dataset you can use our DataSet Wizard. But to bind a combobox to this created dataset you should manually change "(DataBindings)" properties in Properties window.

scott.pedersen

Post by scott.pedersen » Tue 13 Jun 2006 21:49

Hi Alexey,

I also found out you have to fill the dataset using DataAdapter.Fill(DataSet).

Cheers,

Scott.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 14 Jun 2006 06:10

Yes, you have to fill the dataset using DataAdapter.Fill(DataSet).