Trouble with License key property in Web project

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
haakonf

Trouble with License key property in Web project

Post by haakonf » Thu 07 Sep 2017 18:07

Scenario:
Class library which targets .NET standard 1.3 which contains DbContext.
Test project that targets .NET full framework 4.6.2 works properly when referencing DbContext library, licensekey is specified in ConnectionStringBuilder.

But..
When referencing the DbContext project in a .NET full framework 4.6.2 web project, the licensing fails. (license exceptions are thrown). Message says "feature not available".

I see in the change log that there have been similar issues in the past, but I am using dotConnect 9.4.326 and this issue was fixed in previous releases.

Do you have any solutions/answers to this problem?

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Trouble with License key property in Web project

Post by Shalex » Tue 12 Sep 2017 12:15

We cannot reproduce the issue in our environment. Please create a simple solution with your scenario and upload it to ftp://ftp.devart.com (credentials: anonymous / yourEmail).

powelerl

Post by powelerl » Wed 13 Sep 2017 15:23

I had the same error message which ultimately had nothing to do with the licensing. It might be the same problem.

I was down to a package downgrade / different assembly version - I don't remember exactly which. I think it was the System.Security.Cryptography.Primitives package. Look for package downgrades in the build log.

haakonf

Post by haakonf » Thu 14 Sep 2017 19:21

That worked!

Thanks

powelerl

Post by powelerl » Fri 15 Sep 2017 12:37

Glad it helped!