Unknown connection string parameter 'License Key'

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
etienneaudet

Unknown connection string parameter 'License Key'

Post by etienneaudet » Tue 13 Jun 2017 15:09

Good morning,

I am an intern tasked with migrating a Visual Basic .NET Framework 4.0 application to dotConnect 9.4.280. The previous version was 7.x.

My colleagues informed me that dotConnect version 9+ does not verify licenses in the licenses.licx file anymore. Therefore, I have removed all references to dotConnect from that file but I have kept it in the project because was use another library that needs it. After doing that, I removed all references to DevArt from my GAC and then installed dotConnect 9.4.

I have then added the "License Key" parameter to the connection string but an exception is thrown. Here is my connection string:

Code: Select all

m_connectionString = String.Format("User Id={0};Password={1};Direct=true;Data Source={2};Port={3};SID={4};License Key={5}", .User, .PWD, tnsInfo.Host, tnsInfo.Port, tnsInfo.Sid, licenseKey)
License key is a constant defined in the class.

Please tell me if I've omitted any important information, and thank you.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Unknown connection string parameter 'License Key'

Post by Shalex » Wed 14 Jun 2017 19:34

Please follow the walkthrough viewtopic.php?t=35459#p123237.
etienneaudet wrote:Therefore, I have removed all references to dotConnect from that file but I have kept it in the project because was use another library that needs it. After doing that, I removed all references to DevArt from my GAC and then installed dotConnect 9.4.
Did you install the Devart .NET Core assemblies via nuget? If the error persists, set a break point in your code, run it in the debug mode, navigate to Debug > Windows > Modules and specify the paths of loaded Devart.* assemblies.

etienneaudet

Post by etienneaudet » Wed 14 Jun 2017 20:02

Shalex wrote:Please follow the walkthrough viewtopic.php?t=35459#p123237.
etienneaudet wrote:Therefore, I have removed all references to dotConnect from that file but I have kept it in the project because was use another library that needs it. After doing that, I removed all references to DevArt from my GAC and then installed dotConnect 9.4.
Did you install the Devart .NET Core assemblies via nuget? If the error persists, set a break point in your code, run it in the debug mode, navigate to Debug > Windows > Modules and specify the paths of loaded Devart.* assemblies.
¸

The assemblies will not install because they are targeting .NET Core. My project is .NET 4.0. In the walkthrough it says create a new .NET Core project.

Are license keys only useable with .NET Core projects?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 15 Jun 2017 10:58

etienneaudet wrote:The assemblies will not install because they are targeting .NET Core. My project is .NET 4.0.
The Devart packages uploaded to www.nuget.org are .NET Standard 1.3 compliant. Refer to the compatibility matrix at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet ... rd/library: .NET Standard 1.3 assemblies can be used in .NET Framework projects 4.6 and higher.
etienneaudet wrote:In the walkthrough it says create a new .NET Core project.

Are license keys only useable with .NET Core projects?
A licensing approach is specific to the type of assemblies (not projects): viewtopic.php?t=35459#p123288.

There is a bug in a current version of dotConnect for Oracle: Devart .NET Standard assemblies throw "Feature is not supported." in .NET Framework project. We have already fixed the issue and will notify you when our NuGet packages are updated.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 28 Jun 2017 12:50

Shalex wrote:There is a bug in a current version of dotConnect for Oracle: Devart .NET Standard assemblies throw "Feature is not supported." in .NET Framework project. We have already fixed the issue and will notify you when our NuGet packages are updated.
The nuget package has been updated: https://www.nuget.org/packages/devart.data.oracle.