NETNetworkError

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
renedelagarza

NETNetworkError

Post by renedelagarza » Tue 28 Mar 2006 18:57

hi all, im getting this error:
OracleException administrada en
CoreLab1Oracle1Oracleaa:::a+0x21

NETNetworkError (
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
n:No se pudo encontrar el
ensamblado de recursos )

CoreLab1Oracleaa:::a+0x21
DbConnectionInternal::Disponse+0x7
DbConnectionPoolGroup::c+0xb
DbConnectionPool::RemoveObject+
0x46
DbConnectionPoolGroup:::a+0xa2
DbConnectionPoolGroup::b+0x4b
Timer:::ring+0x59

with pocketpc 2003, and corelab 3.1.5.0, after i close the connections sometimes i get that error, not always.

Paul

Post by Paul » Wed 29 Mar 2006 12:44

Unfortunately I don't understand you. Please write us in English.
We found similar problems with OraDirect .NET 3.1.5. Please try the last version of OraDirect .NET

renedelagarza

Post by renedelagarza » Wed 29 Mar 2006 14:45

managed OracleException occured at _aa::a+0x21
NETNetworkError(System.Net.Sockets.SocketException:Could not find resource assembly)

_aa::a+0x21
DbConnectionInternal::Dispose+0x7
DbConnectionPoolGroup::c+0xb
DbConnectionPool::RemoveObject+0x46
DbConnectionPoolGroup::a+0xa2
DbConnectionPoolGroup::b+0x4b
Timer::ring+0x59

thats the message in English, the thing is that i connect to an oracle db running 9.2.0.6, i query some data using basic selects, nothing fancy, then i close the connection, i have checked that i correctly close the db and i do, then after a few minutes even the form is already destroyed, i get that error.
hope you can help me, if you want more info please let me know, i really need to resolve this issue.

renedelagarza

Post by renedelagarza » Wed 29 Mar 2006 17:38

i made some test codes to see what could happen i create a simple form with two buttons one open the connection and the other one close it
i monitor the sessions in the server and the app never closes the connection until y close the app. The aplication is still active after several minites then i close the app.

Paul

Post by Paul » Thu 06 Apr 2006 08:21

By default OraDirect .NET is using connection pool that is implemented in CoreLab.Oracle.dll. Real connection comes to pool after closing or destroying OracleConnection object. Real connection is closed when you when you destroy your application. Possibly network connection to server is broken before this moment. You can get socket exception at this moment. Please download the last version of OraDirect .NET to receive correct exception text.
If you want to disable pool please set "Pooling=false;" in OracleConnection.ConnectionString. Then real connection will be closed immediately after closing or destroying OracleConnection object