Value generated does not work

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
kentatcap

Value generated does not work

Post by kentatcap » Thu 28 Jul 2016 23:37

There doesn't seem to be any documentation, but I think the property "Value Generated" is to replace the old Identity property? If so it doesn't seem to work or maybe it does, but I can't tell since I can't change the value. Entity Developer both external and VS IDE integrated does not save the value.

I did try to manually specify "value-generated" in the efml but it doesn't seem to work when specified in the column. Maybe I'm using the wrong node key?

Or perhaps there's a different workaround? Please help?

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Value generated does not work

Post by Shalex » Fri 29 Jul 2016 14:43

kentatcap wrote:There doesn't seem to be any documentation, but I think the property "Value Generated" is to replace the old Identity property?
There are two Devart EF items:
  • Devart Entity Model (Property Editor includes Store Generated: None / Identity / Computed)
  • Devart EF Core Model (Property Editor includes Value Generated: Never / OnAdd / OnAddOrUpdate)
kentatcap wrote:I can't change the value. Entity Developer both external and VS IDE integrated does not save the value.
We have reproduced the issue with setting value of Value Generated. We will notify you when it is fixed.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 04 Aug 2016 12:29

The bug with setting value of the Value Generated property attribute in the EF Core model is fixed. We will notify you when the corresponding build of dotConnect for Oracle is available for download.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 11 Aug 2016 16:18

The new build of dotConnect for Oracle 9.1.82 is available for download now: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34106.

kentatcap

Post by kentatcap » Mon 15 Aug 2016 22:51

Thanks for your quick response! =)