Dot Connect License tool

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
qz5kxt1

Dot Connect License tool

Post by qz5kxt1 » Tue 12 Apr 2016 23:30

I have installed Dot Connect for Oracle and am using Visual Studio 2013. When I bring up the IDE there is no Oracle option under the Tools Menu. I am able to add a Dev Art control to a form. How can I add this to my menu?

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Dot Connect License tool

Post by Pinturiccio » Thu 14 Apr 2016 13:46

There can be several reasons of the issue:
1. You have installed dotConnect for Oracle of version that does not support Visual Studio 2013. Visual Studio 2013 is supported since dotConnect for Oracle 8.1.26. For more information, please refer to https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracl ... story.html

2. You have not selected the Visual Studio integration check box for Visual Studio 2013 when installing dotConnect for Oracle.

3. You have some error during dotConnect for Oracle installation.
qz5kxt1 wrote:I am able to add a Dev Art control to a form. How can I add this to my menu?
After dotConnect for Oracle installation you can add items to toll box. But there is no possibility to add Devart Oracle to Main menu after installation. It can be added only during installation.

Please tell us your dotConnect for Oracle version and edition. If you got an error during installation, an Install.log file is saved in the installation folder. Please send us this file.

qz5kxt1

Post by qz5kxt1 » Thu 14 Apr 2016 21:06

I am using version 5.7 but I de-installed it and tried version 8.5 with the same result. I am now back on 5.7 since I wanted to stay consistent with the other apps I developed that are in production. I looked for an install log but didn't find one. I don't remember seeing any errors displayed during the install.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 18 Apr 2016 13:47

If you decide to try dotConnect for Oracle v8.5 again and encounter any difficulties, please contact us.