Entity Developer disapper from OpenWith dialog

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
McMlok

Entity Developer disapper from OpenWith dialog

Post by McMlok » Mon 01 Feb 2016 09:52

Hello,

after I update dotConnectFor Oracle to version 8.5.583 I can't open edml files in VisualStudio 2015. When I try to open edml with "OpenWith" there is only one occurrence of "Entity Developer" at the end of list and this open edml in Entity Developer application outside of VS. When I try same operation in VS2013 everything is OK and in open with dialog I see two occurrences.

Can you help me to repair VS2015? I try downgrade to 8.5.543 but it not help.

Thanks
Regards

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Entity Developer disapper from OpenWith dialog

Post by Shalex » Mon 01 Feb 2016 12:12

Please reinstall dotConnect for Oracle in the following way:

a) uninstall dotConnect for Oracle and other Devart ADO.NET products

b) make sure that there are no Devart.* and policy.*.Devart.* files in the following folders:
* GAC 2.0 (\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\)
* GAC 4.0 (\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\)
* \Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\Devart\
* \Program Files (x86)\Devart\
* \Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Devart\
* \Documents and Settings\All Users\Devart\EntityDeveloper\ (clear the folder)
* \Documents and Settings\All Users\Devart\dotConnect\ (clear the folder)

c) run installation of dotConnect for Oracle v8.5.583 via its right click > Run as administrator menu

Question 1:
Did the dotConnect for Oracle installation wizard detect Visual Studio 2015 on the "Select Components" step?

Question 2:
Did you choose the "Visual Studio 2015" option on the "Select Components" step and the "Install menu item and toolbox components into Visual Studio" option on the "Additional Tasks" step?

Question 3:
Open Visual Studio 2015 and navigate to Help > About, press the Copy Info button and send us the corresponding information.

Question 4:
Send us a screenshot of the Tools > Oracle > About window in Visual Studio 2015.