Details on performance bug

Details on performance bug

Postby esben » Mon 25 Jan 2016 09:59

Hi
Reading the release notes, for the latest dotConnect for Oracle release, I observed the following:
* The bugs with memory leak and performance loses when using OCI session pooling are fixed

We currently have the version prior to that, so I assume the issue exists in our build/release.
So which version are known to be affected?
And secondly, what are the details on the memory leak and performances loss. I.e. does it occur regardless of how one uses pooling, and regardless of what type of statements are executed etc.
And if possible could you provide us with some example of how much memory is leaked, i.e. is it 1kb per request or 1000mb per request or whatever - just a ballpark idea would be nice.

The reason for my asking is because we are nearing a release deadline and would like to avoid a last minute third party upgrade - but performance/memory leaks are a cause for concern.
esben

Re: Details on performance bug

Postby Shalex » Mon 25 Jan 2016 12:21

esben wrote:The bugs with memory leak and performance loses when using OCI session pooling are fixed
So which version are known to be affected?
All versions prior to 8.5.583 are affected.

esben wrote:what are the details on the memory leak and performances loss. I.e. does it occur regardless of how one uses pooling, and regardless of what type of statements are executed etc.
The performance loses occur in multithreaded applications with Oci session pooling (not Devart pooling): unmanaged memory is allocated per each thread and not disposed.
Shalex
Devart Team

Return to dotConnect for Oracle