Devart Dataset Wizard create a dataset with global::System.Data.DataSet type

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
szaporaz

Devart Dataset Wizard create a dataset with global::System.Data.DataSet type

Post by szaporaz » Thu 26 Nov 2015 14:08

Hello!

In my company, we are using Visual Studio 2013 Professional ide with Devart dotConnect for Oracle Professional version 7.9.333.0.

When in visual studio i go to Tools->Oracle->Dataset Wizard and create a new dataset configured to a stored procedure, the dataset is created with global::System.Data.DataSet type, but when my colleague do the same steps like me on his pc, his dataset is created with Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleDataSet type.

Can you help me how can i achieve that the dataset is created with Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleDataSet type?
I tried to uninstall devart dotConnect for Oracle, and reinstall the same version but nothing changed, i also tried to install dotConnect for Oracle 8.5 version, but the dataset is still created with global::System.Data.DataSet type.

Thanks in advance,
Zoltán

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Devart Dataset Wizard create a dataset with global::System.Data.DataSet type

Post by Pinturiccio » Fri 27 Nov 2015 13:34

We have reproduced the issue with dotConnect for Oracle 8.5.535, which probably was the latest 8.5 version at the time you wrote the post. We also have tested the latest 8.5.543 version, which was released on 26-Nov-15. With dotConnect for Oracle 8.5.543 we can create a DataSet via Devart DataSet Wizard with Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleDataSet type.

Please try the latest version. It can be downloaded from http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle/download.html (trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with valid subscription only). And make sure that you select the "Use provider-specific code generator when creating typed DataSet" check box on the second wizard step (it is selected by default).