How to specify schema in conneciton properties?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
areachz

How to specify schema in conneciton properties?

Post by areachz » Mon 05 Oct 2015 22:03

I am new to dotConnect for Oracle, and am trying to add tables to the Entity Data Model Designer from the Database Explorer. When I create the connection, I didn't see a field that takes the schema name. In this situation, the designer of the database put all the table under a non standard schema name or user. How can I specify this name in the Connection Properties editor such that it will be able to bring back tables?

Thanks.
areachz

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: How to specify schema in conneciton properties?

Post by Shalex » Tue 06 Oct 2015 08:49

We recommend you to use Entity Developer (Devart Entity Model, *.edml) instead of EDM Designer (ADO.NET Entity Data Model, *.edmx) because it is adjusted for working with Oracle and has an advanced functionality: http://www.devart.com/entitydeveloper/ed-vs-edm.html. There are the following options for adding objects from another (non default) schemas:
1) the "Show all users" option on the "Select database objects" step in Create Model Wizard
2) the "Show All Objects" button in Tools > Entity Developer > Database Explorer
3) the "Schema" property of StorageEntity in Tools > Entity Developer > Model Explorer > *.Store