Workflow Instance Store

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
Partizan

Workflow Instance Store

Post by Partizan » Mon 10 Aug 2015 21:27

Hi Devart Team,

How could I extract instance specific information from BLOB fields in Oracle Workflow Instance Store?
Could you show an example please?

Thanks!

Partizan

Re: Workflow Instance Store

Post by Partizan » Tue 11 Aug 2015 11:44

By the way, looks like DB diagram at the WF Tracking documentation page is out of date as you have DATA_ID in WF_CUSTOM_TRACKING_RECORD now.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 13 Aug 2015 08:04

The Devart implementation of Oracle Workflow Instance Store is described at https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracl ... Store.html.
Partizan wrote:How could I extract instance specific information from BLOB fields in Oracle Workflow Instance Store?
Could you show an example please?
Could you please describe your scenario? Why do you need to read BLOB fields manually? Anyway, you can read data from database with OracleDataReader: https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracl ... eader.html.
Partizan wrote:By the way, looks like DB diagram at the WF Tracking documentation page is out of date as you have DATA_ID in WF_CUSTOM_TRACKING_RECORD now.
Thank you for your report. We will correct our documentation.

Partizan

Post by Partizan » Thu 13 Aug 2015 08:19

Could you please describe your scenario?
I have an instance correlation cofigured based on some int ID parameter passed into receive activity.
I would like to be able to understand which stored instance is associated with which ID.
I assume that this data is stored in BLOB fields, including parameters, etc., so I would like to be able to read and update that data in case of any emergency situation with workflow.

Partizan

Post by Partizan » Thu 13 Aug 2015 08:24

One more question I have:
It seems like tracking information is put into DB by one row each time.
Is there any way to do bulk update to DB instead of saving tracking info row by row?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 13 Aug 2015 17:14

Partizan wrote:I would like to be able to read and update that data
Please use the ADO.NET classes.
Partizan wrote:It seems like tracking information is put into DB by one row each time.
Is there any way to do bulk update to DB instead of saving tracking info row by row?
Our WF functionality doesn't include the batching feature.