Entity Framework suggestions

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
hepek

Entity Framework suggestions

Post by hepek » Thu 02 Oct 2014 17:42

I did suggest one really nice change.

in entity diagram have rigt-click option "Update from Database" on entity itself.
this option will update ONLY this one entity.

that way developers would save a lot of time since it takes a while for devart to gather all the updates from database, particualry if we have multiple oracle schemas.

please let me know if this is possible.

thank you

hepek

Re: Entity Framework suggestions

Post by hepek » Thu 02 Oct 2014 17:51

another good idea is to show all objects user has access to in databse explorer.
we have user called "webapps" but this user does not own any objects, he is using synonyms.
because of that - the list of objects for this user is blank.
so, show all objects that user has access to, including synonyms and SPs.

or

be able to filter out users in a user’s list when I click "show all users".
in my case the list is few thousand users long and it is very hard to navigate to the right user in order to drag his objects to a diagram.

thank you

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Entity Framework suggestions

Post by Shalex » Tue 07 Oct 2014 16:23

hepek wrote:in entity diagram have rigt-click option "Update from Database" on entity itself.
this option will update ONLY this one entity.
hepek wrote:another good idea is to show all objects user has access to in databse explorer
show all objects that user has access to, including synonyms and SPs
hepek wrote:be able to filter out users in a users list when I click "show all users"
Thank you for all your suggestions. We will notify you about the progress (but there is no timeframe at the moment).

As for the filter functionality, it is available as an "invisible" filter. Just navigate to Database Explorer and type the first letters of the schema you need.